Oddball

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Oddball

Post by dubiousdisc »

I've finally completed my Creature Feature site!
It's Oddball, a site to Orbb from Quake III Arena.

Well, complete for now at least. I still have to watch the movies/play the games you guys told me about in the other thread, haha. But for now I think I'm done!

I ended up with a much longer page than I was predicting in the beginning (what else is new) so I hope that it's not too much for a one-page site. It features a lot of interactivity and silly little things. Try pressing the O key at the top heading. :D

Any critique, correction, etc. is more than welcome. :)
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Oddball

Post by Larissa »

This was really interesting! Having never played Quake (in any incarnation), I found it very easy to read through and thoroughly informative. Orbb is a weird-looking character, but certainly an interesting one!

I did notice a couple of bugs on my end (Chrome, Win 7) - the header looks like this, but I'm guessing it's meant to look like the banner you linked? I also can't view the special characters you're using after links (image). Other than that, it looks awesome! The effect with the animated title in particular is really awesome :D
tonight fate is the
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Thank you! :D

Aha! I think I've fixed the bugs. Thank you very much for letting me know. :D
Laura

Post by Laura »

Oh man, I haven't played Quake in so long... this was a really amazing site to visit. I love how you've approached the character in both graphic design and content. Your layouts and typography skills are just absolutely to die for and the content is written in such a way that I honestly just had fun reading it. :)
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

dubiousdisc wrote:Thank you! :D

Aha! I think I've fixed the bugs. Thank you very much for letting me know. :D
It all looks fixed to me! :D Happy to help.
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Love the colour scheme! I know nothing about Quake, but you've laid everything in an easy to understand way - I love how you've structured the site. It's quite refreshing and made it really fun to read. :)
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

Dubs, this is awesome! I played with the "o" button for at least twenty minutes...

I love how you've made the graphics interactive.
Aku

Post by Aku »

I don't know anything about Quake, but from a design standpoint and your writing, I feel like I can really grasp the atmosphere of the character and the game. I really love this Dubs! Especially the interactive infographics, if you will. I think it's just always really exciting to see information presented in a different way, especially in shrines, where so much tl;dr occurs. :) Really inspiring!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Many thanks to all of you :)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Wow, this is such an amazing site! So much information, great interactivity and just an all-around awesome shrine! My favourite section was the "alter ego" section with other robots.

Amazing job, Dubs! :star: