Is My Character Non-Human?

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Todd

Is My Character Non-Human?

Post by Todd »

Image Is My Character Non-Human?

Many of you have questioned potential characters for this challenge before it ever began, and we suspect others will question characters as this challenge goes on. Use this post to discuss potential characters you may be on the fence about, and get feedback from other members!

Remember: shrines made for this challenge have to be dedicated to non-human characters. The Events Team has decided to define Non-Human Characters as characters who identify themselves as something other than human.

Characters who are half-human, who look human, or who were human at one point in time are eligible as long as the above condition is true. If a character ends human, he or she must have spent the majority of the series or story as something other than human.

Here are some examples to think about:

My avatar in Fire Emblem: Awakening married Panne, a Taguel. They produced two kids: Yarne, a character who considers himself the last surviving Taguel, and Morgan, a human girl who happens to be half-taguel. Because Yarne identifies as a Taguel, he would be eligible for this challenge. Morgan is more human and would not.

Benjamin Grimm from Fantastic Four turned into a monstrous Thing. Although his body has changed, and he doesn't look human, he struggles with retaining his humanity, and lives his life as a human. He would not be eligible for this challenge.

Tobias from Animorphs stayed in morph for more than the two-hour limit, and became a Nothlit, an Animorph stuck in morph. He has embraced his life as a Red-Tailed Hawk, and even goes as far as eating roadkill. Even though he was a human, and retains human attributes, he identifies as a hawk. He would be eligible for this challenge.

Let's discuss the characters you are thinking about shrining!
Samantha

Re: Is My Character Non-Human?

Post by Samantha »

So, I think we discussed this a long time ago but...do summon spirits count? I was thinking of doing a site for the summon spirits in the Tales series and this would be good motivation to do it! haha
Todd

Post by Todd »

Summon spirits definitely work!
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Okay! Thanks, Todd!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I've got a question. In Legend of Dragoon, the characters who were once human become dragoons. And the consider themselves dragoons and not longer refer to themselves as human. Would it be okay to shrine them as well? Also would l'cie from final fantasy XIII count as they aren't considered human?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Cherri wrote:I've got a question. In Legend of Dragoon, the characters who were once human become dragoons. And the consider themselves dragoons and not longer refer to themselves as human. Would it be okay to shrine them as well? Also would l'cie from final fantasy XIII count as they aren't considered human?
I'm curious about this last one, myself.
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Oops, sorry, guys! I don't know how I missed this question. If they don't identify as human, they count.

L'cie would be super interesting. I think it will be fine, but on these, I would prefer if you have a page or a blurb or something discussing their detachment from the human race, or how they are not human.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thanks. I was thinking about signing up to finish my Lightning after I finish the first one, so I'll keep this in mind.
tonight fate is the