Currently watching....?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Re: Currently watching....?

Post by Destinie »

I've been watching Outbreak Company. It's really cute. Patrick and I have also been watching Sengoku Basara together on Netflix, for the LOLz. But I kind of want the game now... haha
anon

Post by anon »

I watched a couple seconds of Meganebu and I'm done. wHAT WAS THIS UGH THE MAIN CHARACTER'S ANTICS MAKE HIM SO PUNCHABLE I MEAN X-RAY GLASSES FOR A FEMALE DOCTOR????
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

So I started rewatching Sailor Moon for the first time since, well, it was airing on TV. I'm watching it with a friend who's never seen (or read) it before, in Japanese, and I have to say: it's holding up better than I thought it would. I mean, I love it out of nostalgia, but it's genuinely entertaining, adorable, and just plain fun. There are silly moments, but all in all, it's really enjoyable. I can't wait until we get to the more intense stuff -- we're only 15 episodes in so far.
tonight fate is the
anon

Post by anon »

Larissa wrote:So I started rewatching Sailor Moon for the first time since, well, it was airing on TV. I'm watching it with a friend who's never seen (or read) it before, in Japanese, and I have to say: it's holding up better than I thought it would. I mean, I love it out of nostalgia, but it's genuinely entertaining, adorable, and just plain fun. There are silly moments, but all in all, it's really enjoyable. I can't wait until we get to the more intense stuff -- we're only 15 episodes in so far.
Oh, man, that sounds so cool! Sailor Moon used to be a big part of my childhood until R ended and Pokemon/Digimon conveniently took up that void. I don't feel as attached to the show as I used to be but maybe doing a marathon of the show (esp. since the 2014 reboot coming out) might reinvigorate my interest.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Now we've been watching Sword Art Online. First several episodes were good but the show took a turn that I wasn't expecting. I was kind of hoping that there would be more emphasis on the villain (motivations, plans, etc) but it turned into a romance. Definitely not expecting that. Not sure if we will continue watching it? Possibly.

I also started Princess Jellyfish for funsies on Netflix.

I have to say I am thankful for Crunchyroll and Netflix. I wish this sort of stuff was around when I was younger and survived on anime and manga. Haha.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I watched 3 episodes of Sword Art Online, but so far none of the characters catch my attention enough for me to care. The first episode, I liked the concept of the series, but then it felt like everyone just came and went. Usually if a series is going to interest me, three episodes is enough time to do it... I might still episode 4 a chance later.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Rewatching Mahoujin Guru Guru (it's basically a RPG genre parody, it was a huge part of my childhood and I found it subbed! I had never seen it subbed!!)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I got bored with Sword Art Online, it felt like the characters came and went before I had a chance to care. I watched Bamboo Blade instead. I expected it to be a silly harem, and the only one I like of that genre is Tenchi Universe, so I didn't expect much, but it was actually nothing like that. It's more of a friendship based story with comedy, it turned out to be pretty amusing. I haven't found an anime I enjoy for a while (I've gotten picky I guess) but I'm glad I found Bamboo Blade. ^_^ Tamaki and Kirino are my fav characters. Tamaki's name might have added to the fun since I couldn't help it but to think of Ouran, but the Bamboo Blade Tamaki is actually a shy and quiet girl. XD
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

dubiousdisc wrote:Rewatching Mahoujin Guru Guru (it's basically a RPG genre parody, it was a huge part of my childhood and I found it subbed! I had never seen it subbed!!)
...why did you have to mention it? Now I want to rewatch it...
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

dragoneyes wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:Rewatching Mahoujin Guru Guru (it's basically a RPG genre parody, it was a huge part of my childhood and I found it subbed! I had never seen it subbed!!)
...why did you have to mention it? Now I want to rewatch it...
Because I am a force of darkness. Succumb to the silly anime. Succumb!