Video game music!

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Video game music!

Post by dubiousdisc »

VIDEO GAME MUSIC! Who doesn't love it?
Share your favorite soundtracks here!

I'll start! Since I was replaying this game a couple days ago I want to let everyone know that Rayman Arena has a pretty good OST. My two personal favorites:
Rise and Shrine
Henchman 800's theme
Crystal

Re: Video game music!

Post by Crystal »

Awesome songs Dubs!

Honestly, I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic for this yet. I absolutely love video game music! Currently I'm all about the music in the World of Warcraft. As of late The Clans Join has been my most listened to song and the expansion isn't even out yet! (Ugh, can't wait!) Landfall: For the Alliance is also one of my absolute favorites. So beautiful. ;-; <3

I also can't forget the Song of Storms from the Legend of Zelda series. :P
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aaah these are so beautiful they're painful. ;___;

The second one reminded me of some things from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's soundtrack, particularly Auriel's Ascension. Don't know if you're familiar with this soundtrack, but I'm thinking you'd like that too :)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I've never played Elder Scrolls so I'm not familiar with the soundtrack. The song you linked definitely sounds like something I'd listen to though. It's beautiful. <3

Oh something else too, this song (starts at 2:20 and ends at 4:47) is also one of my absolute favorites in the game. I'll actually cry a good deal of the time when I'm listening to it. *cough* When I'm playing with music on in-game I'll stand still until this song is finished so that I don't interrupt it.

Ack! And just remembered this one too. Because it doesn't appear in the game that often I kinda forgot about it. :(
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aaahahhahh so pretty ;___;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I own The Legend of Zelda orchestrated soundtrack that came with Skyward Sword and I also have the Kirby Anniversary edition soundtrack. :D Kirby music is so cute. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Most Nintendo soundtracks are pretty memorable for me, to be honest. I really like the Soundtracks to Donkey Kong Country and Starfox Adventures.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Oh the music! There is so much to love. I'll post some personal favorites from different games.

Bonds - The Last Story
Wild Arms 2 Opening
Song of Mana - Legend of Mana
Time's Scar - Chrono Cross
Sunleth Waterscape - Final Fantasy XIII
The Last Travel - Final Fantasy XIII-2
Roses of May - Final Fantasy IX
Pure Love in Kamurocho - Yakuza Deal Souls
Luna's Boat Song - Lunar: Silver Star Story

I have a ton of more favorites but I'll post later, just wanted to share those. I also really like Bolero of Fire from Ocarina of Time. And the Pandarian music from WoW.

I have Donkey Kong music stuck in my head~
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Destinie: KIRBY MUSIC!!

And Cherri, thanks for the list! I'm going through it right now. I really like the Chrono Cross one :D

You know what game has an incredible soundtrack? The Sims does. Here's my favorite track.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I love RPG battle music! The Final Fantasy games have some of my favorite songs. There are also older songs I really like, such as the Mario RPG (SNES) sounds track. Mana Khemia (PSP) had awesome music so I'm looking forward to listening to the music to some other games connected to the Atelier series now that I have a vita. I love Kirby music too, Chrono Trigger and Legend of Zelda. There are so many. XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@DubiousDisc I got the Kirby Dream collection that came with a mini art book and a CD. ;o; We have so much love for Kirby. I think my favorite music from Kirby is from the Epic Yarn game. Everything about that game is so. cute.