Tales (series)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Mayumi

Re: Tales (series)

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: Yes, I did play on the Xbox before. Hence that's why I know where to go and get XD Except the PS3 parts, but looking at some vids on YT, help me think of where they are ;P According to my PS3, I'm 85% done with Trophies ;P The only thing I don't want to do is the Flying with Ba'ul thing and the snow boarding thing with Repede is complicated to do. ;P

Speaking of Xillia, I'll give you a one small reminder when you complete the game. You need titles to get Grade. And yes, I'm not kidding XD
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi: That's pretty cool. I have no idea why it must be different. But aww yeah on 85% trophies. It all sounds complicated.

Wait titles to get grade? Like say I need "Super Summoner" title for Milla to get grade? Grade doesn't come from battling?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: For Xillia and I think for Xillia 2 as well, no, you don't get Grade from fighting XD I thought so too, but you get titles. Like, you have to do sidequests and such (like: character connections; ex: Milla & Jude, Jude & Alvin, Milla & Alvin and etc) to get them XD ;P
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi: For some reason I think that's going to upset me when I actually play and I'll be like "I want grade from fighting again!" Guess I'll get over it and just get all the things. Any pre start tips?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: Fight. Alot. Then when you have more people joining your fighting....change until you get that "title". Oh and you also get "titles" by using the weapons/items shop. Also, you need to level up the shops as well by using items dropped by monsters or from stars around the feld or in chests. That's all I can tell you. XD;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi: Thank you~ So spam all the things and kill all the monsters. Doesn't seem to different from the others. ^-^ I'm really excited for this game. And the costumes. I love costumes. I wonder which ones I can get. Who did you pick to play as first?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: Since there was finally a girl main character that you can easily fight as, I chose Milla's side. ;P
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi: I'm so happy that there is a female lead. ^-^ I hope I'll like her. Thinking about it myself, I'll probably pick Jude first and let Snow play as Milla. It's something we do, if there are two lead (male and female) I generally pick the boy and she picks the girl. Have you played through Jude's side? Ah so excited!

Are there any weird/forced couples? Like in Legendia with Senel and Shirley? Cause that would be a total downer. I just want to be warned if something like that is gonna happen. And do you have any costumes? If so which do you like running around in.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: About costumes, you'd have to get them from the PSN. But you get attachments in sidequests. About the relationships, I'm not gonna spoil you ;P Just be patient XD;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So I kind of want to watch the Tales of the Abyss anime but I want to finish playing the game first. I am just wondering about the changes between the series. I had stopped watching the Symphonia OVA because it was so different from the game and I didn't like it. Granted, you can't really cram 40+ hours of a game into a 8 episode OVA and make it perfect, but some of the changes were odd. (And I feel like they spent more time sitting around talking than actually getting through the plot.) But the omakes were so cute. XDDD;

So yeah, differences in these two mediums. Just curious if it's similar with the other games as well.

Also, I am curious about Xilia. Is it good? ;o;