What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Lethe

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Lethe »

I haven't played visual novels, but I can't imagine saving my favorites for last. XDD (Especially since there'd be the fear of quitting before actually getting to play that route. :<)

I recently finished Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete and Wild Arms Alter Code: F - I'm procrastinating on the last and biggest bonus dungeon though. <_<" /forever stuck with first and second generation console games
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Nekoi

Post by Nekoi »

Ahhh! Lunar is marvelous Lethe! I adore both the Silver Star Story Complete and Eternal Blue! :heart: Even if I can't say the same of Wild Arms Alter Cod! :( The last one I liked of the serie is WA3! I miss the period of the Wild Arms..y_y

About what I'm playing..the never ending Skyrim (that it's a bit disappointing me in play game since when I reached lvl 50) and Kid Icarus Uprising, while I awaiti for the cute Final Fantasy Theatrhythm for 3ds and Kingdom Hearts 3D! **
"There is only one God, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death: Not today"
Syrio Forel, ASoIaF
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I liked the first Lunar better because I didn't think that the main male character in the sequel got much exposure and development, but they're both precious old-school games, yes! :D I've played the first Wild Arms and it's better than the remake in several aspects; Alter Code: F seemed to have unnecessarily long dialogues at times without adding anything new, and the translation is really awkward at times, too. :( Plus the mechanics taken from WA3 made some things rather unbalanced. :<

I love WA3 though, it's my favorite in the series!! :D (Haven't played 4 yet and am mid-game in 2.) The characters in WA3 are fabulous. I dedicated a lenghty entry at my gaming blog to their development and interaction the other day haha.
Nekoi

Post by Nekoi »

Not that I was much fond for Alex but yeah the new one is..urm.. odd and different! :/ Lusha seems also too cold sometimes! However Leo IS AWESOME!XD Still my favourite team is the L:TSSSC one! >.> Also the human Nall was too hod for me! As much for the female red dragon!
Yes that! I actually enjoy more the old style one for ps1 then Alter code:F! :/ Plus the WA3 mechansme were good..well just for WA3! The stories and story lines are too different and they ruined all the pleasure of the first game in my advice..

DON'T PLAY 4! It's really nothing you want wast your time... really they changed way too much! It's not a case that they turned back on their steps and made Alter Code:F... And yes those 3 are great together!!! I should take the time and read it! It's super long but the game deserves a long analysis!
"There is only one God, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death: Not today"
Syrio Forel, ASoIaF
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I was surprised to see Nall in that form, yeah, but pretty much all the scenes with him made me cry in the sequel because it was so painfully obvious how much he missed the old days. ;_; Yeah, I wasn't particularly fond of Alex either, but I thought that the bond between the party members in the first game were stronger (though I know it's also partly a result of there being two romantic relationships rather than just one, as is the case with the sequel). XD

LOL It's funny, I've really only heard bad things about 4. :D :D I liked the battle system in 5 a lot, but from what I've read, it seems like story and characters in 4 are awful or something ?_? And that there's no Wild West feeling to it? I don't think I'll play it anytime soon, there are many other games that I'd rather play first. :D
Kula

Post by Kula »

I somehow got dragged into play League of Legends by my boyfriend (even if I wanted to avoid games online) and since lots of my twitter/plurk friends play it too I ended up addicted and playing almost every day ;;;

Other than that I'm playing Fate/Extra and Corpse Party (mostly getting the extra chapters and bad ends on this one).
overskill / uchuu ☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ♪ ♪
Nekoi

Post by Nekoi »

Lethe wrote:I was surprised to see Nall in that form, yeah, but pretty much all the scenes with him made me cry in the sequel because it was so painfully obvious how much he missed the old days. ;_; Yeah, I wasn't particularly fond of Alex either, but I thought that the bond between the party members in the first game were stronger (though I know it's also partly a result of there being two romantic relationships rather than just one, as is the case with the sequel). XD
Yes exactly! That and when we see the "old" Luna speak about her old friends and love! ;_; That hurt so badly!! Well Alex had more charisma for sure! As much as Nall was a better pet!>_>
The question popped in my head was: if all the dragons could turn in human form, why none of them did it in Silver Star Story? Meh..
Lethe wrote:LOL It's funny, I've really only heard bad things about 4. :D :D I liked the battle system in 5 a lot, but from what I've read, it seems like story and characters in 4 are awful or something ?_? And that there's no Wild West feeling to it? I don't think I'll play it anytime soon, there are many other games that I'd rather play first. :D
I admit that 5th isn't that bad but the 4th.. it was a bunch of disappointments.. game play, story, characters, items, background.. :| Srsly is you've to play it, leave it as one of the last!
Syrio Forel, ASoIaF
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

After finishing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the second time I'm going back and playing the original Golden Sun for the GBA. It's been so long since I played it I'm already stuck. xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Lethe wrote:I haven't played visual novels, but I can't imagine saving my favorites for last. XDD (Especially since there'd be the fear of quitting before actually getting to play that route. :<)
I can't deny that it does happen to me at times. Especially in the last VN I played... ended up getting tired after a while, and not seeing my favorite one.

I try to fix this by doing "some" of my favorites in the beginning but keeping the absolute best one for last, for some reason. I guess it's because I often feel a lot less motivated to see the rest of the endings if I do my favorite one. It also keeps me in the hype while I wait for it, whereas often once I complete it, I lose interest and it sometimes hurt to let moods go like that. ;_;
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Saya

Post by Saya »

My Theatrhythm Final Fantasy arrived along with Kingdom Hearts 3D. I started with FF, because if I start with KH I won't want to go out today, and my friend has birthday so I have to, but I'm having also much fun with TFF! I LOVE THE CHIBIS, and I love my team =)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.