Video Games You want to Play but Can’t

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Video Games You want to Play but Can’t

Post by Robin »

@DD yeah, I've heard a few people talk about issues with First Person Perspective (FPP) as a field of view problem, and I found a few spots around the Internet of people discussing the headaches/eye weirdness they get from it. My usual reaction to the limited FPP is panic and scrambling back away from the screen, though :S I don't know exactly what field of view settings freak me out and which don't--I'll have to do some more research on that.

FPP/FoV Discussion: SteamPowered Forums
FPP Discussion: TVTropes
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I get seasick in FPS D:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Skyrim, I don't have enough RAM after updating to Windows 7 :(
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I have bad aim. I've never gotten sick because of a screen, or ride, or lights, etc. I just have bad aim both physically and virtually. It's a little better virtually though.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

dubiousdisc wrote:
CuriousLittleBird wrote: Video games I actually can't play:
- First-person shooter games. Something about the screen setup freaks me out--when you can only see your character's gun and not your actual character on screen, all the action feels too "close" to my face and I have to get really far back away from the TV to feel "comfortable" again. (I have the same problem with racing games that have a "front bumper camera" option where all you see is the road zooming up to meet your face.)
I have a friend who has your exact same problem! They can only deal with that sort of games when someone else is playing, else they can't even figure out what's going on. :o
Oh, man! I CANNOT play FPS games! I think my issue stemmed from trying to play as a kid but my brother(s)/male cousins would always eliminate me immediately and the whole frustration of it just led me to really hate playing first-person shooters. I just feel all these frustrating emotions swell up when I try to play so I just don't.

I also can't play PC games. I really REALLY want play and like MMORPGs but I just don't have the attention span to play on the computer. I don't know why but I think I have this mental connection that on the computer = work/art and not games. I keep my games on my consoles.

I really want to play other Tales games but more of them are released on systems that I don't own. I was talking to my husband saying that I was playing with the idea of getting a PS Vita but we were talking about the marketing. Honestly, I don't want to support any sort of marketing that uses women as objects or makes it seem like a straight-boys-only club.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Destinie wrote: I also can't play PC games. I really REALLY want play and like MMORPGs but I just don't have the attention span to play on the computer. I don't know why but I think I have this mental connection that on the computer = work/art and not games. I keep my games on my consoles.
I'm having the opposite problem--my laptop has become the center of entertainment, work, and gaming to me, especially now that I can use Internet in bed. (I oughta be called LazyLittleBird, LOL) So I haven't touched my consoles in ages...though that's probably because they're all downstairs and my lower body hates stairs >_<
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org