Your favorite video game?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Varen

Re: Your favorite video game?

Post by Varen »

Eden wrote:Mainstream games have gotten bland now, and I abhor MMORPGs. I mostly stick strictly with indie games since I also develop them. ^_^;
I forgot to ask, but what exactly have you made? I might want to try them out in the future.

And I concur with Psychonauts. I'd replay it more often if it weren't for the huge amount of memory it takes, sadly.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Ha, just yesterday I took a request to draw some Psychonauts fan art. I have to say I wasn't familiar with the series, but now that I've seen how the characters look like and that everyone is mentioning it, I guess I'll go try it!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Starfox Adventures, Donkey Kong Country, Avalon Code, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Gold (and HeartGold), pretty much any game I will fangirl over or play more than once.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Varen wrote:
Eden wrote:Mainstream games have gotten bland now, and I abhor MMORPGs. I mostly stick strictly with indie games since I also develop them. ^_^;
I forgot to ask, but what exactly have you made? I might want to try them out in the future.

And I concur with Psychonauts. I'd replay it more often if it weren't for the huge amount of memory it takes, sadly.
All the games we've made aren't out yet are in their early alpha stages. We simply don't have the funds to further make them. We need more money! It's so difficult. :( Like hiring artists, more writers, etc. But we enjoy coding what we have and we have high hopes for our stuff to be a success! We have 1 visual novel in the works (we really need an artist for this though) and an interesting spin on RPGs I think people will like. We don't have enough content to start a Kickstarter. None of us are artists (I draw a little bit but the stress it'd cause me would ruin me forever). My boyfriend has a REALLY good chance at landing a job with Google so if that happens, funds will start coming in and we can expand our stuff further. :D

Unfortunately, money is required to make games, even independently. We barely have enough money to feed ourselves and my laptop computer is dying. The funds we would need would cover food for us to stay alive and produce the darn things and get me a functioning computer to do more heavy work like concept art at least and being able to test code and run it on a competent machine. The funds would also enable us to actually buy a domain for our team and would let me produce a website for us. Right now, we are very low on funds so working on our game development has halted... ;_; Sorry for the run on sentences!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I thought I posted here, but scrolling around I can't see my avatar so I guess I didn't?

Anyway... Phantasy Star Portable 2, Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and there are more I really like, but those are the first few that come to mind.
Eden

Post by Eden »

@Mikari: I forgot about Super Mario RPG! I REALLY love that game!
anon

Post by anon »

My favorite game of all time is EarthBound. Just... just don't get me started on this. It is beautiful and is my first RPG and it is gorgeous and funny and precious.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Joe wrote:My favorite game of all time is EarthBound. Just... just don't get me started on this. It is beautiful and is my first RPG and it is gorgeous and funny and precious.
I've never played! I'd love to, though. ;o;
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:
Joe wrote:My favorite game of all time is EarthBound. Just... just don't get me started on this. It is beautiful and is my first RPG and it is gorgeous and funny and precious.
I've never played! I'd love to, though. ;o;
It's a wonderful game and I think everyone should at least try it out. Unfortunately it only came out on the SNES and cartridges sell for about $200-$300 on the Internet, and Nintendo won't release it on Virtual Console due to legal issues surrounding the music (the music has tons of homages to 60s-80s American music and even samples some of them).
Eden

Post by Eden »

You can always play Earthbound on a SNES emulator. /shrugs