Fire Emblem: Awakening

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Post by Todd »

The Fire Emblem post is kind of all over the place, so I decided to make a post just for Awakening, to discuss characters, skills, and pairings.

Who is essential to your team? Here's mine:

Let's start with Nowi! Do you guys use Nowi? If so, do you keep her as a Manakete? I read that that's preferable, but I used a second seal on her when she reached 30, and changed Nowi into a Dark Knight and picked up Lifetaker (at Level 15). I then changed her back into a Manakete. I can now send her off on her own, and she not only kicks effective butt, but heals herself, making it so I never have to heal her and can use my healers (Lissa and Gaius) on other characters.

Lifetaker is such an amazing skill. I ran Tharja through Dark Knight as well (even though Sorcerer is a better class for her), and let her get Lifetaker before I changed her into a Sorcerer. I'm doing the same with Henry.

I painstakingly leveled up Donnel as well, and made him a Hero. He attained the skill Sol, which is basically like Lifetaker. Now, I send Nowi off in one direction, Donnel off in another, and Tharja off in a third. Those three units can practically survive on their own since their damage is so great, and they can heal themselves.

Other characters essential to my team are Gaius, Panne, Lissa, and Maribelle. I took Lissa and Maribelle through Dark Flier and picked up Galeforce, letting them have an additional attack after a kill. I spent a lot of time on their magic as well, where I can basically leave them protected in the middle of the group, and heal characters from a great distance. Maribelle and Lissa are some of my best magic users.

After Thief, I took Gaius through Trickster to pick up Lucky Seven. Now he's an Assassin, and is wrecking face while avoiding hits left and right. He's one of my strongest characters. He also can open doors and chests, which makes him useful.

Panne is another that wrecks face and takes names. I took her through Griffon Rider after she maxed out at Taguel to get Lancebreaker since there are beastkiller lances. Then took her through Assassin to get Lethality which is a one hit kill, and then Trickster to get Lucky Seven and allow her to heal. I am debating whether I want to take her back to Taguel or not. I love Taguel, but it can only attack from a space away, and she is wrecking face as a Trickster, and has the ability to heal.
Crystal

Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Post by Crystal »

I can't really remember any specifics at the moment as New Leaf has basically taken over but some things I do remember is I will often reclass a unit to pick up a variety of skills. In the example of Tiki (whom I absolutely love) I've relcassed her a bunch to get a variety of skills and once I had them all I reclassed her back to manakete.

A skill I made sure to get for all possible females (mostly to give to their sons as it is the only way for them to gain the skill) is Galeforce. I absolutely love that skill. It will allow a until to move more than once in a turn if they kill an enemy. I also like to try and get the skills Pavise and Aegis to add some extra defenses.

I really wish I could remember some of the skills I've taught my units without having to pick up the game, but what I really like to do is reclass and get all the skills I feel would be useful for them in the final class I choose to keep them in.

Also I absolutely love support conversations. They are probably my move favorite part about the game.

Favorites I like to use include (but are not limited too) Chrom, the avatar, Sumia, Cordelia, Olivia, Panne, Frederick, Lissa, Maribelle, Libra, Tharja, Nowi, Tiki, Lucina, and more I'm sure. I really need to pick this game up again and play it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I'm only in chapter 8 (I think) so I don't have all the characters. But Lon'qu, Chrom, and Lissa are must haves. Oh and of course myse--the avatar. XD I really like the support conversations and that you can get married.

I don't know the skills or class ups as I'm not very far. I should finish the game but I'm kinda stuck.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Todd

Post by Todd »

I think this is a game that definitely has to be replayed, particularly if you've never played Fire Emblem. You learn skills and how to use the support system in the first playthrough, and in the second, can exploit those supports to get the skills you want.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That's a pretty good idea Todd. Now to get through it the first time to replay it. XD
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Right now I am working on getting the supports for all the kids and having an overall blast with it. I'm not exactly sure how, but Kjelle and Nah can both access the pegasus knight branch even though their mothers can't be pegasus knights themselves. Because of this I'm guessing they get it from their fathers (Kjelle's father is Gaius, and Nah's father is Donnel). Which would make sense because both their fathers have the barbarian tree that only males can be. Either way I'm happy to get Galeforce on both of them. I absolutely love that skill.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I got Galeforce on Maribelle, Lissa, Olivia, and on Inigo, Olivia's son. I didn't use Sumnia or Cordelia, or they'd have it as well. Inigo's father was Donnel, and I got him just after Olivia got Galeforce, so he had it and Sol right away. With Galeforce and Donnel's growths, he was one of my strongest characters. He leveled nearly every kill, and because he got to go again with Galeforce, he gained several levels each chapter.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I find with a lot of the parents I'll make sure they have the skills I want my kids to have. Like for example on Severa I made sure her mother had Galeforce and her father (my avatar) had Despoil (kind of a useless skill but I wanted more ways to get bullions lol). It's also nice for those certain skills that are male/female only.

I have a similar thing going on with Nah. I gave her Aptitude from Donnel and she's just wrecking things. Almost all of her stats are capped out too.