Favorite Gym Leader (Pokemon)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Favorite Gym Leader (Pokemon)

Post by Todd »

The Gym Leaders kind of carry us through Pokemon games, and are the characters our hero looks up to. Who are some of your favorites? What do you like about them?

I like Burgh from Black/White. He's ~fabulous~ and I love it. lol
Kiel

Re: Favorite Gym Leader (Pokemon)

Post by Kiel »

I like Marlon from BW2 because he has all these responsibilities on land yet spends most of his time dicking around in the ocean on a wailord. I wish I could do that.

Oh, and I also love how someone decided he should talk like cheech marin in the english version lol
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Hmm, hands down Volkner of Sunyshore from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Other than my totally bias opinion of him being awesome. I like that he enjoys puzzles (and then makes them into his gym). He's easily bored and constantly renovating his gym because of lack of challengers. I think he's probably a really smart guy but gets wrapped up in needing some thing to do - so he does it without thinking about the consequences. And, it's his fault that you can't visit Sunyshore initially because of some power outage (geez Volkner what were you doing?!) The idea of a gym leader having to do something to keep out of trouble cracks me up, but then when he does something, he causes trouble. They still let him keep his job though, so he must have some redeeming quality (maybe he helped put in all the solar panels, or it was his idea or something). When he gets to unmotivated he goes to the lighthouse to contemplate taking on the league.

I thought it was great that they showed a gym leader that was unmotivated, wanted a challenge, and would do anything he could to keep his life fun and dynamic.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

SnowRayjah wrote:Hmm, hands down Volkner of Sunyshore from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Other than my totally bias opinion of him being awesome. I like that he enjoys puzzles (and then makes them into his gym). He's easily bored and constantly renovating his gym because of lack of challengers. I think he's probably a really smart guy but gets wrapped up in needing some thing to do - so he does it without thinking about the consequences. And, it's his fault that you can't visit Sunyshore initially because of some power outage (geez Volkner what were you doing?!) The idea of a gym leader having to do something to keep out of trouble cracks me up, but then when he does something, he causes trouble. They still let him keep his job though, so he must have some redeeming quality (maybe he helped put in all the solar panels, or it was his idea or something). When he gets to unmotivated he goes to the lighthouse to contemplate taking on the league.

I thought it was great that they showed a gym leader that was unmotivated, wanted a challenge, and would do anything he could to keep his life fun and dynamic.
kinda unnecessary for me to agree but YES.

Let's see...other Gym Leaders I like are Sabrina, Clair and Flannery. In their original appearances at least, I don't like what newer sprites and art have done to some of them. I really liked Flannery because of the interesting take on a Fire-type master - she was trying so hard to be fiery as expected, but she was also new at her job and insecure, aww.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Favorite Gym Leader is.......................................Giovanni LOL.

I also really like Blaine, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Clair, Fantina, Roxie, and Elesa. I'm pretty partial to the Gen 1 gym leaders. I think it's because I grew up with them and I feel like they have the most personality. And I am addicted to Pokemon Puzzle League so that probably has something to do with it.

I also just think Giovanni is pretty cool character. And no other evil team bosses also run a gym. JUST SAYIN'.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Kiel wrote:I like Marlon from BW2 because he has all these responsibilities on land yet spends most of his time dicking around in the ocean on a wailord. I wish I could do that.

Oh, and I also love how someone decided he should talk like cheech marin in the english version lol
OMG I need to find and watch that episode.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Lol I can't even think of Giovanni as a Gym Leader actually...he's more like...a character that I can't quite put in a category? XD

it's like Mewtwo - I can't think of Mewtwo as a Pokémon species, I think of him as a character? XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

dubiousdisc wrote:Lol I can't even think of Giovanni as a Gym Leader actually...he's more like...a character that I can't quite put in a category? XD

it's like Mewtwo - I can't think of Mewtwo as a Pokémon species, I think of him as a character? XD
Because they've had so much more stuff about them, I think. Most other gym leaders are just...there. XD