preemptive Kingdom Hearts 3 squee-age!

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
earthy

preemptive Kingdom Hearts 3 squee-age!

Post by earthy »

WE WILL OFFICIALLY BE GETTING KH3, YAYS!: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/ ... ing-to-ps4

For PS4, though, which I don't have. Also, if it's only in production in Japan, it'll be ages before it comes to the US. :(

BUT. Enough yay for its own thread, possibly? <.< >.>

(Related: I've played KH1 and 2, Chain of Memories, and a bit of 358/2 before I got bored--sorry, Roxas! Have I missed any other KH games that are worth playing or might prove necessary to get optimal amusement out of KH3?)
Cherri

Re: preemptive Kingdom Hearts 3 squee-age!

Post by Cherri »

You forgot Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. Both are worth playing and BBS should help get more amusement out of KH3. VENTUS! <3

I also don't have a PS4 and I'm not sure I'll get one. Unless it magically become back compatible and I can transfer what I have on my PS3 to the PS4.
;o; *** pew! pew!
anon

Post by anon »

Hahaha oh boy

I was pretty cynical when I saw the trailer TBH. I was like, "Square didn't even try" when I saw it was just a clip show. But later on I realized that the reason why fans are excited was because the trailer was supposed to be for the HD collection of the games, with a sneak peek at the third game edged in at the end. So that's cool.

I am, however, bothered at the ending: "now in development." Seriously? You mean, you were never working on it even though you hinted at it in the second game, a game released all the way back in 2005?
earthy

Post by earthy »

Joe wrote:I am, however, bothered at the ending: "now in development." Seriously? You mean, you were never working on it even though you hinted at it in the second game, a game released all the way back in 2005?
Yeeeah, it seems pretty ridiculous that they'd only get to it NOW. Though I suppose there were all the other related games for all the handhelds and so on?

Such mixed feelings about the KH games. I enjoy them (esp. KH2), but they are also obviously crass commercial attempts to combine fandoms/storylines and make more money. And I think 99.9% of the non-Disney characters are far more interesting than the Disney ones.

Still...it could be fun? So long as we're prepared to wait a very long time....<.< >.>

Re: Cherri's comment about the PS4: I've struggled with the newer consoles for a long time. My biggest issue is that I totally can't afford 'em; but even if I could, I'm not sure I'd bother with anything past the PS2, maybe the Wii, and the Xbox 360 (a gift I haven't even really explored yet!). I don't care much about online gaming, and the idea that older games are no longer playable unless you buy them again does not appeal at all.

The Xbox One in particular sounds like a mess. :\

The one thing I heard about the PS4, though, is that it might allow you to purchase individual cable channels vs. having to buy a whole cable package, which is something I've been interested in doing for years.

Er. This strayed a bit from KH3. Sorry. ^^;;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

No worries we can easily get back on topic....maybe. ~.^ The Xbox One and PS4 sound bad and messy. Is back compatibility so hard? I really don't wanna rebuy games!

At first for KH I was a little upset about the Disney characters. But I got over it. I do wish more FF characters got added. They were really only in 1 and 2 and Zack was in Birth By Sleep but other than that there isn't any. Also don't like that they made Seifer and friends younger teens and Squall an adult. That's just weird. I am interesting in KH3, just not sure if I'll get it.
;o; *** pew! pew!
anon

Post by anon »

earthy wrote:
Joe wrote:I am, however, bothered at the ending: "now in development." Seriously? You mean, you were never working on it even though you hinted at it in the second game, a game released all the way back in 2005?
Yeeeah, it seems pretty ridiculous that they'd only get to it NOW. Though I suppose there were all the other related games for all the handhelds and so on?
It was like, "Oh, yeahhh, we were too busy making stupid spinoff stuff to even focus on the main game! Whoops!" LOL
earthy

Post by earthy »

@Cherri: Yeah, wasn't the Seifer age choice weird? Only good thing to come out of it was that he was voiced by Terry McGinnis in the American version. ^.^

@Joe: Agreed, that was an, er, interesting choice. Given how popular KH1 and 2 were, I would've gotten right on with KH3 if it were up to me, but I guess there was more money to be made by doing spinoffs...? I haven't been too impressed with the spinoff games, either, though I haven't played them all, and I know some folks have really enjoyed them. (Riku's run-through in Chain of Memories was quite fun, actually.)
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Earthy: I totally hate the age differences in the characters. Let's make adults children and teenages younger/older. Like Seifer really wants to do highschool over? I mean come on. That's mostly my pet peeve about the whole thing. I do like how they kept Seifer, Fujin and Raijin togther though.

I do hope more FF characters are added and maybe some FF worlds. I don't mind Disney stuff but I would like more FF too. Also bring David Borenaz back as Leon and Mandy Moore as Aerith, I liked those. And Leon remove the fuzz! Sorry I went off.
;o; *** pew! pew!
earthy

Post by earthy »

Thought this might be of interest: All the KH games' cut scenes in chronological order (not game release order): http://savarend.tumblr.com/post/52735909870

I'm watching the Birth by Sleep stuff right now....Wow, is the voice actor for Terra awful! ^^;;
anon

Post by anon »

earthy wrote:@Joe: Agreed, that was an, er, interesting choice. Given how popular KH1 and 2 were, I would've gotten right on with KH3 if it were up to me, but I guess there was more money to be made by doing spinoffs...? I haven't been too impressed with the spinoff games, either, though I haven't played them all, and I know some folks have really enjoyed them. (Riku's run-through in Chain of Memories was quite fun, actually.)
I heard that the main team in charge of the KH3 game were too busy developing Versus XIII/XV, so it makes sense. I wonder which team did the spinoff games, then.