Final Fantasy VIII

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Final Fantasy VIII

Post by Todd »

I'm currently playing FFVIII. One of the more infuriating things about the game to me is that enemies level up with your characters. It got me thinking, is there a point in even leveling up then? I know running from too many battles will lower your seed rank, but I can't think of any other advantages in trying to level up.

I like to grind like crazy in RPGs, so this is annoying.

What do you guys do when you play the game?
Cherri

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Post by Cherri »

When I play I get all the things, GFs, Cards and Limit breaks. So I raise up. Some bosses have a fixed level. I think raising up has a point even if it is ridiculous. I also get all the SeeD levels. Though when I need to junction my party, I get Snow's help because I suck at that part.

Still if you want to grind like crazy, I say do it. Sure the monsters level up with you but do it anyway and show them that you are superior.

I also yell at the screen...a lot. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I didn't get what the point was in the characters leveling along with the enemies. I played up to the last fight with Fujin & Raijin, close to the end, never got around to finish. I like being a few levels above the enemies.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I think they make the enemies level up with you for either a challenge, more exp or just to be annoying. I'm pretty sure I beat the game. Mikari you are close to the end. Couple boss fights, the last dungeon and the last boss fight. Okay, there are lots of bosses to fight. I also like being over leveled.
;o; *** pew! pew!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I LIKE BEING MAX LEVEL. I enjoy it so much!

Master the junction system. Party absorbs ALL elements. Grind like crazy. Protect against ALL the status ailments. BLAST through everything with AP ammo and final heaven. Mostly I just grind until 100 then fight all of the bosses! Man, I love fighting bosses. I love collecting summons too - I suppose because some of them come with boss battles. I'm particularly fond of the Tomb of the Unknown King. Oh, I also really really really really enjoy going down the deep sea research lab and degenerating everything.

I just level and grind to feel omnipotent. I have no good reason for doing it other than I find it relaxing.

I also really enjoy triple triad. I love that game like nobody's business.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That's my sister for you. The indestructible master of war.

I think you should play it how you want and throw caution out the window. I generally hand the controller to Snow and tell her to junction me. I die a lot less that way. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!