Pokemon X and Y

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Pokemon X and Y

Post by Todd »

Did you guys see the announcement this morning? Holy crap. I'm excited.

I'm not too fond of the fire starter, but I really like the grass and water!
Destinie

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Post by Destinie »

Deleted my other topic so we don't have repeats. :DD

Anyway, I like the Stag Legendary but not too fond of the starters. I'm hoping for more Cat-types. I don't have a 3DS so I probably won't get this game. I'm playing White2 and it's not much different from the other versions I have in my opinion.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I saw it! I think the fire starter is cute but I'll probably start with the water cause its cute too. I told my mum we needed to go to GameStop to preorder it. I wonder if there are more new Pokemon? Besides starters and legendaries.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

[s]Unfortunately I have not but I am really curious about it.[/s]

Ahh, man! Just saw it on Serebii.net. I have one word to sum up my thoughts: AWESOME! <3

(I was sold at the 3D Kirla, lol)
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
anon

Post by anon »

LOL it figures Nintendo ran out of color themes. My friend and I made a bet that there would be Pokemon Pink but it looks like that's not happening.
Varen

Post by Varen »

I know it's supposed to be based on the coordinates X and Y but my mind keeps thinking of chromosomes. XD I felt inclined to go for X because.

Don't particularly like the starters, except the fire one. BUT I'm hoping their appearance would make it so that their evolutions won't be the typical Fire/Fighting or plain Water and Grass combos for once.

And 3D... who would have thunk it? I would have preferred the sprites to be honest, but I'm definitely not opposed to the change. People have been wanting a 3D game for a while, although I think they meant they wanted a console game for once. But since Pokemon had always been more of a handheld experience, I think this is best we're going to get.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Todd

Post by Todd »

@ Varen - If you slow down the video and pay attention to the moves, looks like the fire starter is performing a psychic move. I think she (I say she just by how feminine it looks, lol) will be fire/psychic. The grass used a dark move, so grass/dark, and the water is up in the air now. Either water/ice or water/fighting.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I am really not too enthused by these new Pokémon, I'm mostly pissed that all they could get out of the fennec fox was that :( It's one of my most favorite animals and to me it seems like they just...picked the actual animal and stylized it, adding nothing of value?

I have to say though that the frog looks promising to me, I hope that thing on the back is some sort of cloud and the concept is some sort of rainbringer frog. Mostly the thing is that, I can't really tell what's going on with the designs. Is that a cloud or a beard?!

Y looks stupid to me but I kinda like X, am I right in seeing it as some sort of ungulate?

Why did they go for the 3D though? The 3DS is more or less a handheld N64, it's not like they can squeeze blood out of turnips...

Varen: YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE!! I immediately thought of chromosomes as well. And I am also leaning towards X for the same reason XD
Varen

Post by Varen »

Todd wrote:@ Varen - If you slow down the video and pay attention to the moves, looks like the fire starter is performing a psychic move. I think she (I say she just by how feminine it looks, lol) will be fire/psychic. The grass used a dark move, so grass/dark, and the water is up in the air now. Either water/ice or water/fighting.
Yeah, I noticed that! I'm REALLY hoping that's the case because it's perfect. That way, the rival Pokemon would never be difficult since you always had some advantage, and it easily fits the Fighting-Dark-Psychic triangle as well.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I really don't want my starter to be duel type again. I'm not sure if I'll get X or Y, depends on what Snow wants cause we get opposite games. Also I miss the little sprites too but I'm not mad about the style change....currently. I mostly happy cause it looks like it's in a new region or at least that's what I'm hoping.
;o; *** pew! pew!