Pokemon X and Y

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Cherri

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Post by Cherri »

I don't disagree that Eevee is running out of types. I'm just hoping for less bugs. I like water-types. But I do think there sure be a somewhat even amount of pokemon types. More cute dark types. I would like to use a steel type but there aren't many cute ones. Yes more dragons, can't have too many dragons.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Varen

Post by Varen »

Juhi wrote:Ninfia/Sylveon looks like it could be a Normal or Flying type. I doubt Nintendo would deviate from the routine formula and make it dual type.

The promos for Pokemon X and Y look promising. I'm hoping more Dragon and Electric types will make it in. I'd personally love to see a Dragon/Fire dual type. I agree about needing to cut out Water types. Way too many of those things.
Oh, but I think Reshiram was Fire/Dragon? Unless you mean non-Legendary ones.

I'm kinda hoping this isn't a new type at all, only because all those on the type hype are bothering me =.=

Fire types in general need to be more. I think they have some of the lowest numbers despite being a starter type.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Varen wrote: Oh, but I think Reshiram was Fire/Dragon? Unless you mean non-Legendary ones.

I'm kinda hoping this isn't a new type at all, only because all those on the type hype are bothering me =.=

Fire types in general need to be more. I think they have some of the lowest numbers despite being a starter type.
Yeah, I meant non-legendary ones. My bad for not being more specific about that.

Do you mean introduce another type in the game? I highly doubt it. Dark and Steel types got introduced because Psychic type Pokemon were wayyy too overpowered in RBY. Since then, the balance of the games has been solid. I don't think Nintendo would complicate a formula that isn't broken, if you catch my drift.

Agree on fire types. There's a lot of potential there. I don't think we've seen a Water/Fire dual type - that'd be pretty interesting.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Fire/Water would be really interesting!! I'd love to see that!

I was psyched about the fire/psychic combo in B/W. I'd like to see more of that, too.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That would be interesting. I would like to see more dark/ghost type. There are like two in all the games. I don't want new types, I'm good with the ones we have. But new Pokemon would be cool.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Varen

Post by Varen »

Juhi wrote:
Varen wrote: Oh, but I think Reshiram was Fire/Dragon? Unless you mean non-Legendary ones.

Yeah, I meant non-legendary ones. My bad for not being more specific about that.

Do you mean introduce another type in the game? I highly doubt it. Dark and Steel types got introduced because Psychic type Pokemon were wayyy too overpowered in RBY. Since then, the balance of the games has been solid. I don't think Nintendo would complicate a formula that isn't broken, if you catch my drift.

Agree on fire types. There's a lot of potential there. I don't think we've seen a Water/Fire dual type - that'd be pretty interesting.
I definitely agree about the new types, but many people are clamoring for a new type (some suggest Light, Sound, etc.), and the lack of a clear definition for Sylveon's type is one of the major reasons to think so. Some also think the game is still imbalanced. In fairness, it is (poison type and ice I think got the worse), but I still think just reworking the elements instead of adding a new one would be better. Plus, I don't think everything has to balanced anyway.

In terms of dual types I'd love to see, aside from Fire, I want more Electric unique dual types as well. Dark/Electric is begging to be used.
Iris-NoireORG
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I understand the movement for "light" type but I don't really understand a lot of the fans crying for "Sound" type. IDK It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. We'd be traveling into the 5 senses at that point.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Light makes more sense than sound... But yeah there are many as it is.
Varen

Post by Varen »

I think a good point as why a new type shouldn't exist is that it will completely mess up the IV/EV Hidden Power system. In addition, for "light" in particularly, people think it's to counter "Dark" types but "Dark" has never been that way they think. In Japan, it's "Evil" or something, because it's supposed to represent underhandedness or dirty fighting, which is what most of their moves involve. That's why it's weak to (honored) fighting types.
Iris-NoireORG
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Haha, that type has never made sense to me since, at least in the English versions, Pokemon were never considered naturally "evil" and were always naturally good, but sometimes they had bad trainers. So which is it? :P

I'm still sitting around waiting for more reveals but I think they're going to be kind of skimpy on them until closer to October. There was some rumors from someone who supposedly works for the NA branch of Nintendo about some of the upcoming Pokemon. I hope they're right about the water-type fishing cat but some of the other stuff they described sounded kind of awful. So I hope they're fake.