Tales (series)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

Re: Tales (series)

Post by Crystal »

Cherri wrote:Hehe, Crystal. I'm that way about Vesperia. I refuse to buy a Xbox for one game. Hopefully more come out for the systems we own.
Haha, yeah. When it comes to gaming consoles I'm pretty biased towards Nintendo, although I did buy a PS2, but really only for the sake of playing Kingdom Hearts (even though I ended up buying several other games for it to). I really enjoyed Abyss though and I should find the time to finish it (like so many other games I own, bahhh). >.o
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Again, I know how that is. I've got a ton of games started but not a lot finished. Manly cause I'm stuck. We actually got introduced to the Tales games because of our mom. It was Snow's birthday and she (mom) picked up a game for her (Snow) because of the art and it happened to be Tales of Symphonia. Luckily we had the system because of Baten Kaitos.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

ToS2 wasn't that bad, because the only thing that entertained me was the skits, Alice and Decus, and Tenebrae of course XD The rest kinda made me bored and finish the game in 2 days XD

Is Abyss on 3DS less buggy than it was on PS2? ;P
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Cherri You don't have to use monsters but it's kind of a nice added bonus. You get to use other characters in your party but due to the storyline, you have the option to win over monsters and have them fight with you. It makes the fights much easier, too.

@Mayumi Tenebrae is wonderful. I'd play the game again solely for him. XDD; I'd agree that in parts it's pretty boring, though. They didn't try as hard as they did with the first one.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Thanks Destinie. I don't really like having to use monsters in my party.

@Mayumi. I don't know if it's less buggy. I haven't played the 3DS version. But I'm pretty sure my PS2 version wasn't buggy. So I guess maybe they fixed it?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Cherri wrote:Thanks Destinie. I don't really like having to use monsters in my party.

@Mayumi. I don't know if it's less buggy. I haven't played the 3DS version. But I'm pretty sure my PS2 version wasn't buggy. So I guess maybe they fixed it?
No prob! :D I could see why you would not want to play with monsters if you'd rather play with the human characters instead. I was kind of sad that Tenebrae couldn't be in my party, since he was like a summon spirit. ;o;
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: Well said! ;D Couldn't agree more. :D And sometimes when I'm playing Abyss, the system would freeze in the middle of a boss fight x.x;
@Destinie: I also wish that he was in the party too ;-; That would be so cool to see him fight and use artes like Repede in Vesperia XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I want to play Vesperia, too. I've read a lot about it and it seems good. :O
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi; thank you! That never happened to me. Is your ps2 out in the open? It might be getting to warm and then just freezes up on working, much like a computer. Just a thought. Cause mine does that.

@Destinie; Same but I don't wanna buy an xbox. My cousin has it so I guess I could go over there and god-mod her xbox though. But from what I saw her play of Vesperia it looks great. Yuri is awesome.

And I have no idea who Tenebrae is but I'm sure I'll find out when I play ToS2. I like summon spirits.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Cherri Well if you don't mind ~some~ spoilers: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Tenebrae

I'd love to make a shrine to Tenebrae. ;o; Maybe a one-pager sometime?