Tales (series)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Mayumi

Tales (series)

Post by Mayumi »

I thought I would make a topic only for Tales games and characters and such XD;;

What are you playing right now? I'm currently playing Graces f since I don't have enough Grade to make a new game XD;;

Has anyone gotten Xillia 2? Which one is good? The first one or the second one? And is it worth it? Because I know some people complained about the first one and all. But I've completed Xillia, and it's not that bad (unless you play it a few more times XD;;)
dragoneyes

Re: Tales (series)

Post by dragoneyes »

I only played Tales of the Abyss, but I completely love it and the fact that I finished it in spite of the fighting system (I'm usually pretty bad with those action-tipe ones) should say a lot about I much I enjoyed it. In fact it's at the third place of my all-time favoutite JRPG games.
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I played Destiny, World ad probably bits and pieces of others I can't remember. I also watched a few episodes of some anime series. Fan games overall. I haven't played the new ones, but I would like to check them out. I'm not as into Tales as other people in the forums, but I still like them.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I love Tales of Symphonia! It's the first (and so far only) Tales game I've played aside from Tales of Symphonia 2. Though they released Tales of the Abyss for 3DS so I've been debating about getting it. Patrick says I can borrow his 3DS to play it but he might never see it again. xDD

Since I only have Nintendo systems, it's been really difficult for me to get to play other Tales games. :(
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I've played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Graces f, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and part of Tales of Legendia (only got to about half of it) and watched my cousin play some of Tales of Vesperia.

I really want to play Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2. Also thank you for creating the topic!

I think Tales of Graces f is my favorite and Legendia is my least favorite. Snow and I recently got the platinum trophy for Graces f.

I like the Tales of games because Snow and I can play together, she takes point (lead character) and I pick the mage. Except in Abyss, I played Luke and she played Guy (or whoever she needed to switch to). The first on we played, Symphonia, didn't let one run around in battle much and it would focus on party lead, so it was easier for me to pick Genis and picking the mage just stuck.

Also Destinie, I think you should get Tales of the Abyss 3D.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

I've played Symphonia several times, finished Vesperia once (ages ago though, I barely remember it now @_@), and just started a second playthrough of Abyss on the 3DS. Needless to say I'm very satisfied with the franchise thus far and only wish I had the opportunity to play more titles.
dragoneyes wrote:...the fact that I finished it in spite of the fighting system (I'm usually pretty bad with those action-tipe ones) should say a lot about I much I enjoyed it.
Totally agree. For some reason Vesperia was exceptionally difficult and I had to play it through on Easy mode. ;__; I'm a turn-based person myself, so Tales boss battles might take me a few tries to get through.

I have to admit one of my favorite things about the games is the Titles system. When I got to Abyss I pretty much flew through the story just to get the alternate costumes. It kills a bit of the drama at the end, but eh, so worth it. XD

Destinie, I would personally recommend Abyss 3DS as well. It's a great game that doesn't lose much to the handheld screen. Though I agree that you might not be able to let go of it for awhile hahaha.
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I like changing the character costumes, it sometimes looks ridiculous but it lessens the blows from some of the scenes. I got kicked to the feels way too many times in Graces f. Though I do think Richard looks good in Zelos's costume. ^-^

I didn't have too much trouble with the battle system but I just had to spam magic and you just click some buttons. So there really isn't much there. And I don't think there is any wrong with play a game on easy mode (I do it all the time).
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Puppeteer Cool! I'll give it a shot soon, then. :D/

Am I the only person who didn't entirely HATE ToS2? It wasn't as good as the first one and it did downplay the characters a lot but I thought it was at least fun. I liked Tenebrae and the ability to "catch" and "evolve" monsters. That was pretty handy and fun. I'd like to play through it again because the first time I rushed through it to complete the story but I felt like I could have gotten a little more out of it.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

The only Tales game I've played is Abyss. If they weren't on systems I refused to buy I'd totally play more. :(
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Hehe, Crystal. I'm that way about Vesperia. I refuse to buy a Xbox for one game. Hopefully more come out for the systems we own.

And Destinie, I haven't played ToS2, own it but haven't played it. Snow's been busy with school and I like playing Tales games with her. So it might have to wait a bit more. Though I do have a question about it. The monsters, do you have to use them or do you get a full party of non-monsters? And how does the monster thing work?
;o; *** pew! pew!