Tales (series)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Cherri

Re: Tales (series)

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi: That's really cool. I have it on my iPad (big screen)! I'm also happy to get it for free. I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to play anything before Symphonia (or Legendia). I'm not really coherent and not sure the order right now. XD

Do you think we will get more on the iOS or other systems?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@ Cherri: I think it depends on how well, it goes~
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Mayumi: I hope it goes well because I really want to play Destiny. It has Leon in it and I love him in Radiant Mythology. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Cherri: Who's Leon again? XD;

Who's seen the new trailer for Zestiria?! ;D
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

omg there's a Tales thread I'm really glad :blush:

Has anyone been playing Tales of Symphonia Chronicles lately? I bought it like two weeks ago and I can't put it down. The first game in the series I played was Tales of Phantasia-- followed by Star Ocean: First Departure :swt2: all of Michelle's Tales-inspired shrines made my interest in Symphonia and Abyss emerge and it has only been growing ever since, but I never go the chance to play them until the PS3 port came out! I'm having a great time with it, it's the first GOOD JRPG I've played in quite some time.

After I'm done with ToS I'm thinking of going after all those Tales games available for the PS3... I'm not perfectly aware of the chronology in the series, so I don't know which game I should play after I'm done... Vesperia?? Graces f?? Xillia? ? ?? I think there's another title for the PS3 too lmao :puff:
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Mayumi wrote:@Cherri: Who's Leon again? XD;

Who's seen the new trailer for Zestiria?! ;D
Hehe. Dark hair, pink cape, blue clothes. I believe he is in Tales of Destiny (though I've never played it). He's kind of a jerk too.

I haven't seen it yet. I can't remember if it's a worldwide release, so I don't wanna get too excited for something I may not get.

@HolyKnight: I played it a couple months ago. Symphonia was my first Tales of game. O.O You also played Star Ocean? *excitement* Second Departure and Last Hope are really good too. As for Tales, I haven't played Vesperia because I cannot speak/read Japanese. But I've heard it good. Graces F and Xillia are great. And Xillia 2 (English release) comes out later this year. I think Xillia is easier battle system wise than Graces F, so It might be better to play Graces first. But it's up to you. I don't think the chronology matters since the games aren't really connected. But I understand if it's a preference.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Oh gosh, I really can't keep up with Tales of games... I've only played Phantasia and I am currently playing Abyss, but I seriously want to play them all. ;w; My boyfriend owns and is playing Xillia, which I want to play too, but at least we're miles apart so I don't get spoilers, haha. I'd like to play Graces f though before I play Xillia. And Xillia 2 is coming out as well... oh man. XD; I need to hurry up and finish Abyss!

By the way, does anyone know which games are for which console? I have Abyss for 3DS and I know Xillia and Graces f are for PS3, but what about Vesperia, Symphonia, etc.? I have a PS2, a Nintendo 3DS and a Wii (PS3 is my boyfriend's but I can use it to play PS3 games) and if someone could make me a list of Tales of games and their respective consoles, I would be really grateful. :heart:

Also, unfortunately I can't download Tales of Phantasia on my phone because it's only available in the US iTunes store... *glares at Apple*
(I even tried to get a US Apple ID to download it, I even gave myself a name from a character from Sex & The City, invented the name of my street and looked up ZIP and Area codes for New York City, but iTunes still needed a US phone number. Dammit iTunes, just let me trick you for once!)
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

@Cherri yeahh I played Star Ocean!!! Only the first game though, on the SNES; I haven't had time to look for the other games in the series yet. At least the first game is REALLY SIMILAR to the average Tales format, so that was nice. The story itself didn't feel as great as Phantasia's though. Also, thanks for the recommendations!!! I think I might pick Graces f as my next game, since someone told me it was pretty good too. But the real reason is because I don't want to buy Xillia right now since... well, it's two games, so it's twice the amount of money I need to spend :sob:

@Chibi I didn't know there was an iOS port of ToP, but considering both the GBA and PS1 ports were pretty awful in comparison to the original SNES version, I'd stick with that tbh. As for the rest of the games and their respective consoles, I put together a little list ripped off wikipedia, mostly because I got interested in knowing that myself ha ha haha :heh:
  • Tales of Phantasia - SNES, PS1, GBA
  • Tales of Destiny - PS1, PS2 (JAP)
  • Tales of Eternia - PS1, PSP (JAP/EUR)
  • Tales of Destiny 2 (JAP only) - PS2, PSP
  • Tales of Symphonia - GameCube, PS2 (JAP), PS3
  • Tales of Rebirth (JAP only) - PS2, PSP
  • Tales of Legendia - PS2
  • Tales of the Abyss - PS2, N3DS
  • Tales of Innocence - NDS (JAP, with fantranslation), Vita
  • Tales of Vesperia - Xbox 360, PS3
  • Tales of Hearts (JAP only) - NDS, Vita
  • Tales of Graces (f) - Wii (JAP), PS3
  • Tales of Xillia - PS3
  • Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Thank you, holyknight! :heart: I'll save that list so I can (hopefully) buy the games in the future!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@HolyKnight: You're welcome! Have fun with Graces F. It is pretty awesome and fun. The character development is pretty good too. And the battle systems with Star Ocean doesn't change much, so if you ever play the others I hope you enjoy them. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!