What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Saya

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:10 am

*^* persona 5
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.

Rems

Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Tales of Xillia! Finally getting round to a playthrough I abandoned sometime in 2014? Which was when I was trying to finish Jude's story for the plat, lol. No time like the present!

Fortunately past me had the sense to overlevel everyone so fights are a breeze; I hit something a couple of times and it goes down, but I guess I can thank the devil arms for that too.
❝ they have stolen the heart from inside you, but this does not define you ❞

high seraph

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 am

I have been playing so many games simultaneously lately lmfao.

At the moment I'm mostly cycling around Radiant Historia (I wanted to finish it before the 3DS remake was released, and I'm glad I'm playing it now!!), Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (or "why does this dude walk so slow"), Lufia: The Ruins of Lore, and Steins;Gate 0. ;w;
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.

Mikari

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:01 pm

World of Final Fantasy

Tara
Freelance Staffer

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm

I've been playing Persona 5 since it came out... y'all, it's so good
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.

nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 am

PERSONA 5 I'M SO IN LOVE Y'ALL :music2: :music2:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Mon May 08, 2017 3:02 pm

As par for my course, I'm playing Tales of Symphonia about 15 years too late.

Eh... to be honest, I'm surprised by how poorly written it is. I wasn't expecting anything, but I wasn't expecting the exposition fairy convention. Can plotpoints exist without slapping me across the face?

Good-looking, though, and I get that it was an ambitious thing at the time and all its historical value etcetera and all the stuff. It's just that I have critiques in places where I thought it wouldn't be so hard to do it right.

high seraph

Wed May 10, 2017 10:58 am

@dubiousdisc hahahah I'm with you on the played-ToS-later-than-everyone-else train, and I was honestly surprised by how highly praised it is among the Tales fandom. I get it that it's a great game and it probably blew several minds when it came out, but I couldn't put it above some other titles in the series. It IS very visually appealing and fun to play though, so don't give up!!! It also has a great cast -- Sheena and Raine were my favorites, but I remember controlling Zelos the most. :)

As for me, I've finally decided to give Pokémon X a shot. I bought it as soon as I got my 3DS, but I felt like the animations and battles flowed way too slowly, and every thing you want to do takes at least five different menu screens to get through (planting berries is literally the most boring thing to do, the menus and options are sooo convoluted ahrhrhghsk), so I dropped it for a looong time. Also, I used to have a boy character and the boy clothes were horrible. This time, I've started as a girl so I could get some cute clothes, and I'm enjoying it despite struggling with the same issues as before.
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.

dubiousdisc
Administrator

Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 pm

high seraph - Oh boy...
I haven't played any other games in the series, which one would you recommend if I'm having these complaints about ToS?

about the characters -
Show/HideSpoilerShow
right now I just want to whisk Colette to a better game where she gets some respect, and actually so far I'm really hating Raine, unless some serious character development happens I'm really disturbed by the amount of random abuse she gives to everyone and by how the game seems to treat it as just cute and wacky and older sister-like to slap a child until he falls to the ground. Like, watching her "antics" actually make me really uncomfortable. My hopes for there to be meaningful and well-written character development are pretty low right now, seen how everything else has been like so far. I'll wait until the end to make an actual judgment of course, but so far, yikes.

Anise

Thu May 11, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm playing Xillia 2 and finishing my supports in FE Fates.

@dubiousdisk
SpoilerShow
So Colette deserves better than what this game has in store. She is too pure for this journey. Raine gets some character development but not really enough to explain her physical abuse other than I feel like that was a common thread that isn't limited to her. It's been a while since I played.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG

• Information