Child of Light

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Robin
Events Staffer

Child of Light

Post by Robin »

I just recently bought Child of Light (wiki) for PC after trying it at a friend's house a few months ago. I am currently in love with the flowing, feminine watercolor art style of the game, and everything is so gracefully animated (even battle!) The story is also intriguing and female-character-centric without feeling forced. YAAAAS! And even when I want to ragequit because I lost a battle (which is rare), I find myself drawn back to it (which is even rarer for me! LOL).

So, anybody ever played it? What did you think?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Re: Child of Light

Post by Mikari »

I played the Vita version. :) I remember I first heard of it from Todd and Cherri, and they made me curious.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Cool, Mikari! What did you think of the game? (Also, I wonder what differences there are between the Vita and PC versions?)
withinmyworld.org
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Yes, I love this game so much! (I actually run the fanlisting for it >.>) I fell in love with the artstyle as soon as I saw it, and then the rhyming just solidified it for me. It's just like playing a fairy tale. I want to replay it on Steam soon (originally played on PS4) to take screenshots. *_*
a spoony bard
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I don't know if there are differences between the releases but I imagine that they're mostly the same. I like the play-style of the rpg battles and exploring the game world.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Emma wrote:Yes, I love this game so much! (I actually run the fanlisting for it >.>) I fell in love with the artstyle as soon as I saw it, and then the rhyming just solidified it for me. It's just like playing a fairy tale. I want to replay it on Steam soon (originally played on PS4) to take screenshots. *_*
YES Playing a fairy tale is a great way to describe it! (Also, the completionist in me loves that each of the areas has a stardust counter and a coffer counter so you know which areas you need to re-explore to get everything ^O^)
Mikari wrote:I don't know if there are differences between the releases but I imagine that they're mostly the same. I like the play-style of the rpg battles and exploring the game world.
I like the style of battle too! It took me a little while to adjust to the slightly more time-sensitive nature (thankfully Igniculus helps out a lot with that), but once I did I was addicted! :D
withinmyworld.org
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I really want to play this game! I'm hoping to buy it for PC soon. I saw my flatmate play some of it - I love the atmosphere, graphics and battle system (reminds me of Grandia's battle system)! It looks super fun! :heart: I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! :D