Video Game Deals

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Lethe

Re: Video Game Deals

Post by Lethe »

Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Bastion is 75% off, Trine 2 85% off. Trine 2 is super gorgeous and also fun in short sessions; it can be played solo and with friends. It's easily the best in the series and I like the underlying story as well (you piece it together by finding hidden poems in the levels). <3 Definitely get the DLC expansion too if you enjoy it.
Aku

Post by Aku »

The original Ace Attorney Trilogy & Dual Destinies are on sale until May 18th on the NA 3DS eShop! :3

An excellent series of games to play if for some ungodly reason you haven't already--or just want the collection for your 3DS! :heart: The original triology is only 17.99!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Cinders is on a sale. It's a VN that retells the fairy tale, with focus on the relationships between the female characters and individual choice - both the player's as well as the protagonist's. You can romance some guys, but it's not the focus, and a romantic relationship is not a requirement on your road to happiness and freedom.

I... like the choice aspect a lot: I haven't played any other VN where the impact of your choices was such a joy to observe. Not all choices are relevant to the endings, some just change the flavour text that follows, while others change the personality of the protagonist, which in turn affects how subsequent interactions with other characters turn out. (For example, if you want to threaten someone to spill information, you need to have worked that threatening personality up in previous choices: If you've only been good up to that point, your threat will be recognized as a bluff, and you'll not succeed with it.)

There are four different endings, if I recall, but each of them has multiple versions of them depending on your choices and the companions you chose along the way. Depending on your game progress, the looks of the illustration on the title screen will change, too, which is lovely to watch.

Narratively, choices being respected means that the protagonist's agency is acknowledged: No matter which path you choose out of the story, you aren't condemned for it.

Here's an interesting blog entry about game design regarding choices, and here's two other short pages to read up on Cinders.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

GOG is introducing their GOG Connect, which basically lets you connect your Steam and your GOG account and lets you have the games you bought on Steam on GOG... all of this absolutely FOR FREE! No more having to re-buy games on either platform, if you bought something on Steam and GOG has it, you can finally own the game DRM-free!

The games change on a weekly basis, so do keep an eye out for this! This week's titles include The Witcher, To The Moon, Shadowrun, Trine, Unreal, VVVVVV - to see the full list click here!

Happy connecting! :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Humble Store Weekend Sale. I see deals for Memoria, other point-and-click adventures, Danganronpa, Amnesia: Memories, miscellaneous JRPGs, Stranger of Sword City...

There's an European Nintendo eShop Sale. The NA sale starts next Tuesday.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Origin is having a sale. Titles I recommend checking out: Dragon Age series and Mirror's Edge
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Sony is having a "Best of E3" sale! Lots of RPGs on sale!