Pokemon Sun/Moon

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Megan A

Pokemon Sun/Moon

Post by Megan A »

Today, Nintendo announced these two paired games to be released in Winter 2016. I'm incredibly excited so I wanted to start a new discussion for other people who might be looking forward to it! There's pretty much no information now outside of a few concept arts so my imagination is running wild!

What do you hope to see in this game? What do you hope you don't see?

Do you like the new Pokemon 3D graphic style, or do you prefer 2D?

Any predictions/theories for this game?

Are you purchasing any of the rereleased Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow 3DS VC games tomorrow? They revealed that you can use Pokemon Bank with Pokemon you catch in these games!

and the good, old classic question: which Pokemon is/are your favorite/s? Let's have a brand new discussion about Pokemon! :D
Mikari

Re: Pokemon Sun/Moon

Post by Mikari »

I have a bunch of Pokemon games that I got with my NN3DS but haven't played yet. XD Now I want these too. ^^;; Looking forward to seeing what new designs they come up with. I still have a preference for electric types and Pikachu is my #1. I also like Charizard, Mew, Sylveon, Altaria and generally cute Pokemon.
Anise

Post by Anise »

I'm excited. New Pokemon games always excite me.

I hope to see some special 20th anniversary things put in the game.

The 3D style is always a bit odd for me but I don't mind it at all.

I should get one of the re-releases but I'm busy with Fire Emblem right now.

My favorite Pokemon is Crobat.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Thank you two for your replies! :D

@Mikari: I generally like cute Pokemon too. I hardly ever evolve mine except the ones that I use for "competitive battling" or their evolution is also cute (LIKE EEVEE and the evolutions)!

@Anise: 20th anniversary stuff would be super cool! I'd love to see little details like that.

My answers! I really liked Pokemon X/Y. It was pretty easy, but I still had an enjoyable time because they added so much other stuff! I love Pokemon-Amie and the fashion stuff they implemented so much. Those two features made the game skyrocket to my favorite in the series (other than the early ones bc nostalgia). I would hate to see character customization disappear. I'm not too big on mega evolutions, but I would like to see some more added since they are a thing! Maybe some Solrock and Lunatone involvement in the plot somehow? They were shown in the little Nintendo Direct video in a battle so I hope that hints to something cool for them coming! :D

I like the 3D stuff, but I also like the 2D things. I don't really like to compare them because I consider the sprites and 3D graphics to be two entirely different things. I do miss the 2D stuff sometimes, but I'd always wanted a 3D Pokemon game so I'm not terribly upset about it if we do not ever get one again.

I purchased Pokemon Yellow, and my boyfriend is playing Pokemon Red for the 3DS rereleases. :D Excited! I haven't played these ones in so long. I picked yellow because Pikachu!!!

I have a LOT of favorite Pokemon. They're usually cute and small, but I love them. Hands down, my top one is Bulbasaur. I get super emotional over Bulbasaur's anime appearances. He will probably never be replaced. Next up, probably Sandshrew, Axew, Pancham! Then Skiddo, Abra, Cubchoo, Teddiursa, Braixen, Florges, AMPHAROS (<3), Vaporeon, Zorua. I have a ton of favorites. I could list on and on forever. ;)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I always love looking at the leaks but I won't make a judgement until I see some of the Pokemon designs. I admit that I'm very partial to the designs and I won't buy a game if I don't like the designs (gen 3 and 6 for me, sorry). This is unfortunate in a way because I don't get to enjoy all of the stories or places but the gameplay is repetitive that I don't ever feel like I'm genuinely missing out.

I'd like to see Sun and Moon have a set storyline. I felt like they were trying to add more story elements in the newer generations but it always seems to fall flat for me. Also, I like other options other than just battling all the time. I thought the PokeAthalon was a great addition to the remakes of my favorite generation. I like how in B2/W2 there was the Pokemon Musicals AND the Pokemon Movies (which I still have yet to play through all of them). But it's a refreshing addition to level grinding. So I hope to see more of that.

I hope we get to see the starters soon. I love how they have been doing simultaneous Eastern and Western releases!!

For favorite Pokemon: Meowth and other cat types. There are a bunch of non-cats that I like as well: Croconaw, Abra, Entei, Ho-oh, Sigilyph, Deerling, Keldo...When I first saw Sigilyph I nearly freaked out. A Nazca-lines inspired Psychic Bird?!? So awesome!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

So................
Opinions on the starters and the version mascots? :D
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I LOVE THE STARTERS, ALL THREE OF THEM ARE PRECIOUS, THAT IS ALL

... Okay, I suppose I should answer the questions too. XD

What do you hope to see in this game? What do you hope you don't see?
I hope this game is very much like Gen III and it already feels a bit like Gen III! I want to use Surf and swim all around the islands, also, BRING BACK DIVE, IT'S THE PERFECT OCCASION FOR IT, DO IT NINTENDO/GAME FREAK.

Do you like the new Pokemon 3D graphic style, or do you prefer 2D?
I have nostalgia for the 2D sprites and I will have it forever. I wasn't really into the 3D for X/Y... but having seen the graphics for Sun/Moon, I must say, THEY LOOK GREAT. I actually look forward to this 3D Pokemon games, they look way more polished!

Any predictions/theories for this game?
oh no, you've done it... you've gotten me started...

1) Litten becomes a tiger in its final form (would make sense because of the Chinese zodiac theme of the fire starters) and it becomes Fire/Dark.
2) Popplio's final form might be Water/Fairy but I hope it's Water/Psychic instead and I hope it looks GORGEOUS.
3) The Lion legendary is obviously going to be Fire type, the bat legendary might be dark/psychic? Or even fairy?
4) The motives of the bad guys in this game will be to either make the days last forever or to make the night last forever, or something among those lines.
5) Finally, the professor in the Hawaiian shirt is BROCK'S DAD OKAY IT'S FINALLY REVEALED WHERE HE'S FROM

Are you purchasing any of the rereleased Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow 3DS VC games tomorrow?
I bought Yellow and I LOVE IT! It's like I'm a kid again! :heart:

Which Pokemon is/are your favorite/s?
VULPIX :heart:, Umbreon, Altaria, Azurill, Arcanine, Staryu, Starmie, Gyarados, Ninetales, Kingra, Dragonite, Dragonair, Ponyta, Lugia, Flareon... the list goes on, but these are the ones that come to mind!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

TEAM LITTEN AND THE LAND IS SO HAWAII I AM EXCITE.

Seriously, I haven't hyped over Starters since Gen 2 so I am stoked at the reveal! I skipped X/Y - not much of a fan for any of the designs, but I am looking forward to exploring what I missed in Gen 6 in 7. ;)

A question for Pokemon fans:

What do you think about all the postgame content? Personally, I get overwhelmed with it all. I really enjoy playing through the main story but then all the after goodies I seem to just ignore - especially the battle areas. I got White 2 in hopes I would play more of the postgame stuff (Like the Pokemon World Tournament) and I hardly pick it up. The games are so chocked full of stuff but I feel like I always miss out on it. What do you think? Is all the postgame stuff worth it?
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

OMG YOU BOTH SO HYPE EEEE

even I am hype on the starters actually. I'm not even really a starter person but GRASS OWL yaaaaaay. I like Litten and I really hope it evolves well and doesn't just become some sort of strange musclecat...Omg now I really hope it becomes a Fire/Dark tiger. Please let it be true
I'm a bit ? at Popplio (also, odd name) but I get the sense it will evolve well :D

Chibi on 4) omg I am signing and countersigning your thought. That would be AWESOME and actually SENSIBLE! I mean, I know several people who are already part of either team (and I'm totally on team night XD)

I don't care much for the lion but the moon one looks like a boss in Castlevania and I like that.

Destinie:
I want it to exist, but then I might not get to it. But I want it to exist, because I was SO disappointed when I finished Ruby and then...there was pretty much no post-game. I seriously thought I must be missing something. :(
I did really like the Emerald Battle Frontier though and I did get a lot of mileage from it, especially from the random battle events. :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Litten is adorable! :D I;m joining Team Litten too!