Pokemon Sun/Moon

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Pokemon Sun/Moon

Post by Larissa »

I feel the same way, dubs :( I like the concept for Incineroar now that I know what it is, but I would have liked a quadrapedal final evolution.

I have a vague idea of the team I'd like, although it'll probably change as I actually start playing the game, haha. The team I'm hoping to build is Incineroar, Ninetales, Exeggutor, Dugtrio, Mimikyu, Kommo-o... I need a flying type so maybe the toucan. And I don't have a water type so ......... I'm probably going to end up with Gyarados again. :swt:
tonight fate is the
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

HEEEE FABULOUS DUGTRIO

So far what I have is Decidueye, Toucannon, Porygon-Z, Skarmory, Sableye, Jolteon. With some leg room, but overall: fight my bird team. (Sableye and Jolteon are now birds too).

I'm kind of surprised at how few Pokemon there actually are in this generation. :o
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've been posting about moon a lot on twitter. I miss Meowstic and there are also other favs which are missing or hard to get in Alola. Kanto and Kalos are still my favs, we'll see where Alola places at the end but it Kanto and Kalos will likely stay on top. I'm just getting started with Alola, I'm on route 2.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

dubiousdisc wrote:HEEEE FABULOUS DUGTRIO
I'm kind of surprised at how few Pokemon there actually are in this generation. :o
Same, here. I'm pretty disappointed at the number and also just how few Pokemon have Alolan forms, too. I would have loved to see some more Pokemon.

Due to this, I think I'm having trouble forming my team. So far I have:

Litten, Meowth, Abra, Pichu, Trumbeak, and Fomantis.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep Pichu or Fomantis. Fomantis is in the spot where I kept rotating certain Pokemon in and out. I got a Rockruff and I'm debating on using it. I really want a Luxio...

On the other hand I'm really glad they made Meowth a bit more powerful. :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I really miss having a Meowstic but other than that I'm having lots of fun. Rotomdex is adorable!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So much of this game is inspired by Youkai Watch. I'm enjoying it and I can understand why they decided to make the changes they did, I just wish the intro wasn't ~so long~.

Also, the Rotomdex has the same eyes as Whisper. Hmmm~ ;p
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Destinie wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:HEEEE FABULOUS DUGTRIO
Same, here. I'm pretty disappointed at the number and also just how few Pokemon have Alolan forms, too. I would have loved to see some more Pokemon.

Due to this, I think I'm having trouble forming my team. So far I have:

Litten, Meowth, Abra, Pichu, Trumbeak, and Fomantis.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep Pichu or Fomantis. Fomantis is in the spot where I kept rotating certain Pokemon in and out. I got a Rockruff and I'm debating on using it. I really want a Luxio...

On the other hand I'm really glad they made Meowth a bit more powerful. :D
I'm noticing that this game lends itself very well to not having a single team, but rather an entire group of rotating Pokemon. Considered the emphasis they're putting on the Pokedex completion and the way leveling works, I'm kind of wondering if that's the way they're intending it to be played?
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So maybe each island you have a different team? Or you constantly rotate out? Interesting...

There are so many I want to use at this point that I wish I could keep more than 6 at a time. But there are also SO MANY POKEMON now!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I've always played the games with rotating Pokémon because there are usually so many Pokémon I get attached to or am interested in, even as much as I try to limit myself. I could never make it through the game with one core team of six. D: I think I usually have nine or ten Pokémon that I keep evenly leveled.

.......... And usually they cover the different types, but for Pokémon Moon, I now have THREE Grass types in the party because adjlkadjl I love Grass types and I WILL NOT GO THROUGH THIS POKÉMON EXPERIENCE without having spent time bonding with these cute Grass types.

(Though I think dubiousdisc may have meant leveling Pokémon so as to evolve them for Pokédex completion, and then entirely switching them out for the next batch?)

Ugh I need to evolve my Cubone but I've only just realized it's going to lose its Ground type noooooooooooo.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I meant in the sense of, catching and training Pokemon as part of completing the Pokedex and then you can keep them in your party sometimes. :D But yeah like that too! It's just - with the exp share for everyone and with the reduced experience from low level wild Pokemon mechanic, it's kind of giving you an incentive to switch things around compared to many of the older games, where in the end if you just kept your starter and plowed through the entire game, not much was lost. And also, not having to have HM Pokemon around means you can have anything you want in your party! Right now for example I don't have a single Water user, which in the past would have been unthinkable but with Surf out of the way it doesn't even matter that much.

On Cubone losing the Ground type - that's a thing that I dislike about the Alolan forms, that they're all different types so I can't just count on catching a Sandshrew for the Ground type :( also like half of them are Dark and that is useless to me since I'm already training enough Dark types