Dragon Age

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Camy
Administrator

Dragon Age

Post by Camy »

Okay, so I have to know who else adores this series XD

Did any of you get the free DA:O on Origins? (While I can't stand the program, I'll take free stuff any day lol)

Who else is excited big time for Inquisition to come out next month?

How about the Keep that should be coming out this week (roughly speaking)?

And of course, who likes Dragon Age 2 despite how different it was?
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Emma
Time Traveler

Re: Dragon Age

Post by Emma »

I didn't pick up the free edition because I already own it on Steam, and I also rebought it for a fiver on PS3 (originally played on Xbox RIP my Xbox ;-;) recently so I could replay because my laptop has gone to hell and doesn't run most games anymore. I only ever used Origin for Dragon Age 2 actually. (It came out when I was travelling so no console and I NEEDED TO PLAY IT)

I'm not that far into things in Origin yet. Went straight to Redcliffe and now at the circle struggling through the Fade. :/ I wanted to come here first to get it over with because it's the least fun part of the game. I can't wait to get back to the Deep Roads - it's the most atmospheric quest of the game imo, and I need Oghren back in my life. I think I'm going to power through the Fade tonight so I can get to the more fun bits and hook up with Alistair. My priorities.

And I really liked Dragon Age 2! It had it's flaws for sure - I HATE the reused environments. But I like the self contained story in Kirkwall and the companions are fun and interesting and Hawke > the Warden. Gameplay wise I find it a bit more fun, too. I think they made the mechanics a bit better.

So yeah, I'm really excited for Inquistion. It's all preordered and everything. Still mourning that I can't romance Varric, but I'm sure I'll find a new Bioware boyfriend to make up for it. I can't wait to play around with the Keep! I hope it's more detailed than that interactive comic thing they had for Mass Effect so I can create my ideal world state haha. It's very important to me.
a spoony bard
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

There's a walkthrough for the Fade part and there's also a mod for it if you're playing it on PC that allows you to skip it and complete it. I hate the Fade part so muuuuch ugh. Deep Roads is my favorite...as long as I'm zoomed out in tactic view since I jump at the spiders going "Weeeeee~!" from the ceiling XD AND YES ALISTAIR -coughs- Also just to add, I loooove Oghren <333

I loved it too and hated the reused enviornments (I love it when fanart pokes fun at it, even BioWare! xD) I also liked the gameplay well since it was killing me in Origins with click to attack and, uggggh, no thanks ;; I adored the companions so much, especially Varric, Isabella, Fenris, and Aveline. Especially Varric. He always cracks me up and he will always be in my party XD

I'm still deciding if I should preorder it or not since the Walmart nearby doesn't do instore pickup orz I can't wait to play around with the Keep either! One of my friends got early access on Tuesday, oh it's not fair ;; Plus, NARRATED BY VARRIC <33333 I too was so sad we couldn't romance him :(
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Didn't pick up the free version because a friends bought it for us awhile back. Snow has been through Origins many times. I'm currently in Lothering myself. Might try to get through that. We never got very far in DA2, just can't seem to connect with Hawke. But the graphics are nice and so is Varric.

I'm super excited about Inquisition. It's all preordered and paid off. Also what is the Keep?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

DAK is the browser based system where players can use to export various heroes and world states to their Dragon Age: Inquisition game. According to INC Gamers, players aren't required to own any prior Dragon Age games (Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II) to gain access to it.

"BioWare say they're using this system rather than a traditional save import system because it's easier to fix errors with a web-based system, and it allows players who've changed platforms or (as mentioned) haven't played prior games to still set up the world as they'd like," the website stated.

In short, Dragon Age Keep offers the ease in importing, exporting, as well as synching of data through the use of the Origin ID set on PC.

Once players are finished creating their "world state" in their Keep account, they will then have to confirm the export to the DA: Inquisition game.
Pretty much it's in the style of the intros of the game [storytelling with Varric in DA2] of the flat animations. PLUS, it's also narrated by Varric's voice actor~
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Camy wrote:Pretty much it's in the style of the intros of the game [storytelling with Varric in DA2] of the flat animations. PLUS, it's also narrated by Varric's voice actor~
And do you need it to use your data? PC or PS3?...both? D: I'm a little lost (its 6:18 AM, help, please) Although the original quote did say can...?
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

SnowRayjah wrote:
Camy wrote:Pretty much it's in the style of the intros of the game [storytelling with Varric in DA2] of the flat animations. PLUS, it's also narrated by Varric's voice actor~
And do you need it to use your data? PC or PS3?...both? D: I'm a little lost (its 6:18 AM, help, please) Although the original quote did say can...?
Inquisition doesn't import save data from previous games, even if they were all played on the one platform. So you need to use the Keep to make a save that reflects your world. So you log on with your Oirign ID to the Keep, and then you use that same ID when you play the game (whatever platform) and it imports your world state. If you don't do that, you get a default world that probably won't reflect your choices in the previous games. Apparently there's something like over 300 choice options. So you don't NEED to use it but I'm sure most people will!

(As I understand it - I haven't actually used the Keep yet)

My Origin ID is ridiculous - I was looking at all the games and DLC registered to it and it's just a wall of Dragon Age and Mass Effect on different platforms. I have a Bioware problem.
a spoony bard
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

How do you get your ID?
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

If you have an EA/Origin account, then that's what you use. Otherwise, you sign up on the Origin website.
a spoony bard
Saya

Post by Saya »

I'll answer later this BUT FOR NOW: i have preordered DA INquisition, loving to the death DA:O (finished it 7 times) and didnt really like DAII. I played it on ps3, but DAINQUI will be on ps4 :)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.