Final Fantasy VII Help

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Final Fantasy VII Help

Post by Todd »

So I am playing FF7 for the first time. I missed the "All" materia at the beginning of the game and am 6 hours in. I am not restarting. Is there a way to go back and get it, or can I get it somewhere else? I am currently at Shinra Headquarters with Barret and Tifa.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Final Fantasy VII Help

Post by Larissa »

There are others further along. Pretty sure there's one at Shinra HQ for one of the sidequests, can't remember which floor. Floor 63, I think. Use one of the guides at GameFAQs; I typically use this one because it's good about letting you know about the items you're liable to miss (FF7 has these in just about every area, it's a very linear game) and it's got info about all of the enemies you fight in each area as you progress.

(Of course at this point I've played the game like five times so I don't use a guide anymore, but it's good for new players.)
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Awesome. Thanks, Larissa! When I realized I missed it, I was like "Crap!" because it's a pain in the ass attacking enemies singularly. Using up all my MP. :(
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Np, np. Make sure you level up your All materia -- they master relatively quickly and before long between ones you find and ones that are born from mastered masteria (a new materia is "born" every time you fully level and master a materia) you'll soon have a lot of Alls.

Mastered Alls also sell for a ton of gil, which helps when you need to buy greens if you do the infamous chocobo breeding sidequest.
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Watch out for the ribbons, if you miss those you'll be in big trouble with the last boss regardless of your level.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Mikari wrote:Watch out for the ribbons, if you miss those you'll be in big trouble with the last boss regardless of your level.
You can farm ribbons in the arena with morph and ochu. It takes time, but it's not too bad.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Yup. The ribbon trick can be tedious but doable. Also use who you like and their are two optional characters. One hangs out in the forest (random encounter) and the other is in the Shinra Mansion in Nibelheim.
;o; *** pew! pew!