Animal Crossing: Town Layout

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Animal Crossing: Town Layout

Post by Todd »

Post a pic of your town map!

Did you choose an east side beach or a west side beach? Why did you choose your town layout?
Emma
Time Traveler

Re: Animal Crossing: Town Layout

Post by Emma »

This is my town, Burmecia. :)
Image I actually can't remember why I choose this one - I know I tried a few before settling on it. I think I liked being able to run straight up from the southern most bridge to Re-Tail or something like that.

I'm so used to the east side beach that I find it unsettling when I visit towns with beaches on the west side.
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Emma, how do you take a picture of your map like that? I only ever get the top screen. Also your town looks cool. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Tis a bit convoluted, but you can take a screenshot through Miiverse:

- open ACNL so that the map is in the bottom screen
- hit the HOME button and go into Miiverse
- make a new post and press the add image button in the top right, and choose the bottom screen option. Submit the post.
- go to https://miiverse.nintendo.net and log in and you'll be able to get the image from your wall :)
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Oh that's neat! I've never done anything with my Miiverse account so I'll have to check it out.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Yeah, it's literally the only thing I've used my Miiverse account for after a friend told me you could make screenshots that way. :)
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Late but here's mine. Named after my hometown of Olds! (because I'm that uncreative with town names lol) I can't remember why I chose this layout, and although I'm not entirely happy with it, I've invested far too much time to want to start over lol. :P
Image I might need to move the west bridge because Molly had her house built RIGHT THERE. I don't know where I'd move it though. :(
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Ohh, yeah, that house right by the bridge would be annoying, for sure. I do like how your river is, I'm not too fond of how mine cuts through the town. But like you said, Crystal, I've invested far too much time (almost a year now!) to change my town now. I might move the bridges at some point.
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

I just started my town yesterday, haha, but here is Spira (Machina is forbidden!):
Image I was pretty picky and restarted a few times before settling with this. I wanted:

1) Access to all areas of the beach without swimming.
2) An east coast town.
3) I wanted the town hall and event plaza (where the tree is planted) to be close to each other. When I played last year, I missed a lot of things because I never had a reason to go to the event plaza. It being beside the town hall makes me pass it everyday.
4) I wanted 2-3 ponds. Some layouts had none, and some had like 6.
5) Once I get my second bridge built, I'll be able to run from the dock to Re-Tail pretty easily.

Emma, I love your town's name and layout!

And Crystal, yours isn't bad! Don't restart! lol, Your layout has all the things I was looking for as well.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Emma: Haha yeah. There is like this tiny area I can squeeze through to get to the bridge or I can just go in between the two houses. I think just moving the bridge would be easier though lol. I think your river is fine. It has its advantages in a way. In mine it can be hard to find a place to put bigger public works projects.

@Todd: Thanks Todd!