Due to popular (?) demand, the Secret Santa event is back on Amassment! The event scheme has not changed much. You will be randomly assigned an Amassment member and give them a gift anonymously. At the end of the event, the gift givers will be revealed. Guessing your Secret Santa prior to that is always encouraged! If all of that sounds fancy to you, keep on reading!
- You will be assigned a person to give gifts to. Unless some major issues exist regarding the assignment, you cannot change your person. If there is a problem, please address it to me via email. With your assigned person, you will get a copy of their form to help in the gifting process.
- You must gift your assigned person anonymously. Please avoid talking about it with your fellow Amassment buddies too. I will reiterate that guessing is perfectly fine though (and pretty darn fun)!
- Now the best part: gifts. Like the previous time, flexibility is granted and creativity is highly encouraged. Gifts can be virtual (fanfiction, fanart, layouts, icons, wallpaper, etc.) or monetary (money through PayPal, wishlist items on Amazon, etc.). The form you will fill out will have an option where you can state your preference. If you do not state this preference, the default is virtual gifts. Once everyone is assigned a person, I will go into greater detail about gift-sending options.
- There is a field on the form that allows you mention what sort of gifts you feel most comfortable giving/making. If you do not mention it in the form, the default is virtual gifts.
- The deadline for signing up is December 19th, 2012. You have a little over four weeks to send your gift(s). The final deadline is January 20th, 2013. To avoid interrupting the future event schedule, no extensions will be granted.
- Although I emphasize on being committed to finishing your project, we all understand that life can get in the way. If you need to withdraw from this event, I ask that you do so before January 6th, 2013.
- Anyone who drops out without notifying me (or a member from the Events Staff) will be penalized accordingly. Unfortunately, participants dropping out at the last minute without any notice was a major problem last time around. Be sure you can do this event before signing up! If circumstances prevent you from participating during the event, contact me as soon as possible!
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM, LJ, or email. I am orthoflame on LJ and my email address is email@example.com. The Events Staff can be contacted as well.
- Most important rule in any event: Have fun!!!
Here is a quick reference on important dates for this event.
Sign-up deadline: [s]December 19th, 2012[/s] December 21st, 2012
Last day to withdraw from event:* January 6th, 2013
Final deadline: January 20th, 2013
* - This date is more of suggestion than a hard deadline. It gives me enough time to come up with an alternative.
To sign-up, please PM or email this form to me. The LJ sign-up post is available too.
Code: Select all
1. [b]Name:[/b] 2. [b]Email address:[/b] 3. [b]Website URL:[/b] 4. [b]Gifts willing to give:[/b] 5. [b]Gifting preference:[/b] 6. [b]Comments:[/b]