Secret Santa 2016 (guidelines)

Browse all previous Activities!
Masao
Host

Secret Santa 2016 (guidelines)

Post by Masao »

Hi guys! Another holiday season is upon us, and it's time for our Secret Santa event again. :yay:

To make sure we're all on the same page, this event will involve randomly assigning every member who signs up with someone else (who also signs up) to make gifts for. The person you get may or may not be the same person who has you, and your secret santa will be keeping their identity a secret until the end of the event (though it can be fun to give hints and play around).

This will be a good opportunity to have some fun and get better acquainted with another member (break the ice), and while there is a suggested minimum of things to do (at least FOUR gifts), you can always go over the required amount.

Send gifts to masao (-at-) amassment.org

Guidelines:
  • Gifts will be handed out in a weekly basis, so expect to fulfill about 4 gifts (big or small) for this event. The deadline for each weekly round will be on Saturdays.
  • I will be acting as "Santa's Elf" and doing all the deliveries. Please pass any gifts or messages to your secret santa to me, and I will deliver it. Contact info for delivery will be posted at the start of this event.
  • Please keep your identity a secret; the anonymous aspect of this event is a large part of why it's fun.
  • Please send your gifts to me within the timeline. Anyone without a gift will be very sad :cry:
  • Consider giving different gifts for each round, so there's some variety. One button every week is slightly less fun than mixing in buttons with icons, fanmixes, or a fun graphic.
  • You're also encouraged to write short, friendly messages to your secret santa (written in a way that doesn't give your identity away) and I will deliver those, too.

Gift Suggestions:
  • buttons for shrines, fanlistings, or collectives
  • layouts for shrines, fanlistings, or collectives
  • fanart of their favorite character (this might give you away, so if you do this, save it for last round)
  • fanfic of their favorite ship, character, or general series (this might also give you away, so feel free to leave this for the last round).
  • fun media or extra bits for their shrine, collective, fanlisting, etc. (scans, icons, fanmixes)
  • It doesn't have to be shrine related. You can also gift things your secret santa personally likes, not something they have to put on their shrines. Perhaps a new board icon? Or make a general fanmix of songs you think they'd enjoy.
  • Wallpapers or mobile wallpapers feature their favorite characters or series.
  • Find and collect things your secret santa might be interested in. A list of pretty fanart or good fics to read they might be interested in. Or existing fanmixes you think they might enjoy. As long as it's not just one quick thing (since these are not made by you); more things show more effort.
  • Emphasis on this not having to be shrine related. The goal is to give things to your secret santa that they will enjoy.
Message Suggestions:
  • You're also encouraged to send your secret santa anonymous messages to cheer them up or add some discourse.
  • These can be one-liners, or short paragraphs.
  • Feel free to take the persona of a fairly godmother or something similar (lol think Cinderella)
  • You're also encouraged to write in a way that disguises your identity. Have fun with this!
  • It can be as simple as a "omg your new shrine looks amazinggggg!!! :heart: :inlove: "
  • Send these to me, and I will pass them along ASAP (not on Saturdays). If they require a reply, I will pass those back to you.
  • These do not count toward your weekly quota, but serve as something extra and nice to do, in the holiday spirit of giving.
Please fill out the form and post it as a reply to this thread.

Timeline:
Secret Santa assigned: November 23
Activity period: December 1 to December 24
Secret Santa reveal: December 25
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Lethe

Re: Secret Santa 2016 (guidelines)

Post by Lethe »

Hehehe I'm excited; haven't participated in any kinds of Secret Santas in a long time. <O><O>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Ohhh I've never been part of a Secret Santa like this before!! I really want to join in on this one~! >:3 THIS IS SO EXCITING AHH!!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Oooooh...

/attempts to kick own ass in gears
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

I LOVE SECRET SANTA EVENTS. I am so gameeeee.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

yay! I hope you guys sign up! And if anyone is stressed about their gifts, don't worry. This is meant to be fun and friendly, in the spirit of giving. Any effort you put in will be much appreciated. :heart:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Yay, I'm happy to see all the sign-ups so far! :D :D <3

We've been getting some messages from people wondering whether they should sign up, and we'd just like to emphasize two points for those still hesitant:
  • This is a community bonding event. Don't be shy to sign up if you'd like to participate, and don't think that you haven't been around long enough to "qualify". We'd love to have new members in this! :heart: :star:
  • This year's format is different from the previous years in that gifts are delivered four times during the event, rather than once at the end of the event. We think that this format opens up possibilities for more gifts (including more ~casual~ or more creative gifts!), but that doesn't mean that the overall gift basket needs to be bigger compared to the previous years. You aren't expected to deliver four big gift baskets; you make four small gifts that, added up, form the big gift basket. :music: We don't want you to stress out and think that your gift during any given round is "not enough".
If you still have any questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact Masao! :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hi! I really want to sign up but I don't think I will be able to do a gift each week. Is there a way to sign up for just 1 week?
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Destinie wrote:Hi! I really want to sign up but I don't think I will be able to do a gift each week. Is there a way to sign up for just 1 week?
Unfortunately not, but if you like, you could make all the gifts (and they don't have to be huge) when you have time, and I can deliver them on schedule, as you'd like it.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Thanks, Masao! I think I will have to sit out, unfortunately. :(