Secret Santa 2014 Reveal

Browse all previous Activities!
ritabuuk

Re: Secret Santa 2014 Reveal

Post by ritabuuk »

Todd wrote:
ritabuuk wrote:lol, Samantha, we were each other's Santa. :)
That was completely an accident on my part! I realized it too late, after the Santas had already been assigned in e-mails, lol.
No worries! I don't think it is a rule of Secret Santa-ing to avoid that, so it's just a nice coincidence. :)
Samantha wrote:Haha I know! It's funny how that worked out. Thank you for the buttons; I'll add them as soon as I get around to updating things. : )

Yay, I'm glad you like them! It was very difficult squeezing both Mew and Mewtwo on a 88x31 sized button... XD; As for the screen shots, I torrented the Japanese version of the first movie. I think they just cut the Origin part from the English version for some reason. I can give you the torrent link if you want it. It has all the episodes and all the movies, but I just downloaded the first movie for time sake. Doing it made me want to shrine Mewtwo and I blame you lol

And oh really? I didn't know that about Ampharos' Japanese name! I did laugh about how its mega became dragon for that reason though, haha. I plan on updating Lance soon with a new layout and a section for Dragonite, so I'll be sure to address that. Thanks for reminding me! (I'm still mad that Aerodactyl and Gyarados aren't dragon because they were in his original team haha)
Making the little buttons is tricky! I admire how legible you get both the images and the site name to appear on your buttons!

Mewtwo's Origin short is has a bit of a complicated history... and I need to finish the page explaining it... But the original Japanese movie in theaters didn't have it since they didn't make it yet, but they later added it a special home release Japanese version, in which they also added CG effects and made other changes, and then that was the version that was used for dubbing, and the American dubbers cut the Origin part (probably for thematic reasons), and I think they also messed with the colors, and then other dubs are based on the American version, and then later the Origin part in English was finally officially released as a bonus material to Mewtwo Returns. *pant*

Please do make a Mewtwo shrine if you would like, but know what you are getting yourself into! Any time I go to make a page, I find out things are much more complicated than I realized! Don't blame me, I'm sorry, aaaa! :P

Wow, Gyarados and Aerodactyl still aren't in any way Dragon-type and Ampharos gets to be? MegaGyrados especially looks more dragon and more flying, and yet it loses the flying type and is now Water/Dark? lol, Pokémon typing...
Samantha

Re: Secret Santa 2014 Reveal

Post by Samantha »

ritabuuk wrote: Making the little buttons is tricky! I admire how legible you get both the images and the site name to appear on your buttons!

Mewtwo's Origin short is has a bit of a complicated history... and I need to finish the page explaining it... But the original Japanese movie in theaters didn't have it since they didn't make it yet, but they later added it a special home release Japanese version, in which they also added CG effects and made other changes, and then that was the version that was used for dubbing, and the American dubbers cut the Origin part (probably for thematic reasons), and I think they also messed with the colors, and then other dubs are based on the American version, and then later the Origin part in English was finally officially released as a bonus material to Mewtwo Returns. *pant*

Please do make a Mewtwo shrine if you would like, but know what you are getting yourself into! Any time I go to make a page, I find out things are much more complicated than I realized! Don't blame me, I'm sorry, aaaa! :P

Wow, Gyarados and Aerodactyl still aren't in any way Dragon-type and Ampharos gets to be? MegaGyrados especially looks more dragon and more flying, and yet it loses the flying type and is now Water/Dark? lol, Pokémon typing...
o_O;; wow, that is complicated haha. I probably wouldn't make a site for Mewtwo for a long time if I ever did...I have too many Pokemon projects as it is lol It definitely sounds like it'd be a bit of work!

Pokemon typing is very weird sometimes, for sure lol I was SURE Mega Gyarados was gonna be part dragon but nope. Oh well XD I basically consider him a dragon anyway.