How's your site doing?

From February to the end of June 2017, invite others to fictional worlds you've experienced by putting the subject you're shrining into the context of said world!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

How's your site doing?

Post by dubiousdisc »

Just wanting to check with everyone who's signed up for the challenge, since we're about midway through. So! How's your site coming along? How's the process being like?

I know that for me it's been very different than any site I've made before. I signed up with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and I've been writing essays about different aspects of the world and what I find interesting about it. The biggest struggle has been finding the threads that hold the entire thing together - the main themes that I think are important to tackle and that can frame the entire project in a way that's hopefully more coherent than just disjointedly rambling about everything everywhere, lol. I think I'm finally getting somewhere - outlining everything down neatly and forcing myself to place topics in this or that bucket has helped me see what the buckets even are - but wow, this has been very different indeed. Quite an adventure.

What about you?

[edit: just so you know, this topic is completely informal and motivated by my own curiosity and wanting to talk about how are our sites coming along, not anything OFFICIAL or anything of the sort XD]
Saya

Re: How's your site doing?

Post by Saya »

With the fact i just moved... will restart working on it again soon. I may take some sections out to be added later on with updating but i am at the begining ... too much info to add lol
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I've not worked on mine a whole lot despite having lots of ideas, but then again my productivity this month has been focused more on getting smaller projects done and getting them off my mind. nope not procrastinating at all what are you talking about

Planning to do the bulk of the work in April and then polish until time to release it in June. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Unfortunately I haven't even started on mine yet. I have too many things on the go right now and I seem to be more interested in playing video games than actually working on websites. Hopefully I'll find time to work on it soon. *fingers crossed*
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Between the last couple of days I'm almost done with a big page! :D I haven't really had much time to work on this since I've been sick and then busy trying to catch up with everything that I had to put off in that time, but now I think it's finally starting to come together. I'm not sure how many pages I'll manage to have before the end of the challenge, but, hey. I guess at least two? XD
Saya

Post by Saya »

I am so beeehind due to moving to new apartment and stuff!!!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@dubs: I feel that! I've been delayed too (waiting to hear back from job interview and feeling paralyzed). BUT YAY NEW PAGE! :D

@Saya: totally understandable!! Moving is much more important :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Thanks to a lot of kind assistance from Robin and Lethe, I wrote my FF8 magic essays, then rewrote them. Those essays are complete, though the site is not.

Regarding your issue about the connective tissue: for me, I had such trouble with my final essay, about science fiction versus fantasy. My resolution came for me by thinking about why I was writing these essays on what was otherwise a character shrine, and I thought about how a lot of scifi and fantasy make the protagonists have a knowledge base or a feature that is really important to how that world operates ... and Quistis doesn't. And part of my motivation for shrining her is because she is a supporting character who had such promise that never pays off, in the story or otherwise, and feeling so angry about that. So I connected that: to acquaint you with the character, let me tell you what's important about the world, so that you notice that she doesn't have much to do with it.

That connection sounded more worthwhile before I wrote this post. >>

RAY GUN SUE
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Robin: It's okay, you've had a tough time! I hope things are getting less stressful for you from now on...

Saya: Just echoing what Robin was saying, omg I don't know how you're even doing BOTH

Sophia: Nah, I get what you were saying :D (or at least I hope so)
...Relatedly, do you also find it easier to rant about things that pissed you off than things that you actually liked? XD I totally do
Saya

Post by Saya »

Well I will try write as much as I can before the deadline, I took off some pages that I can add in the future and decided to go only with the most important things, I will try to add the things before Heavensward expansion, so it means all the things of expansion will be added at the later date o,,o

Or better i will try to make something that looks enough complete for the marathon and then keep adding stuff slowly XD

and thanks, yeah we are still in full boxes, also thanks to work, i get just a day free out of the week and other days mostly i come home so tired that i just need to get something to eat for me and bf, and stuff LOL

thanks robin and dub o/