Positivity Site Plans (? what am I even doing rofl)

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Positivity Site Plans (? what am I even doing rofl)

Post by Robin »

I've had an idea kicking around in my head for several months and would love some feedback.

My main goal is to have a site of thoughtful essays and carefully planned challenges to help people feel more positive. (example of essay: "how I stopped bringing negativity into my house;" example of challenge: "More Water Challenge")

This is all stuff I've been thinking of, especially since Mom's death in April, and it's all stuff I've personally used to start feeling better and actually living instead of just existing. I've got a lot of content already written, too! Google Docs ftw~~

Roadblocks to this goal:
- not sure if this should be formatted like a "blog" or organized like a resources site or??? ???
- do NOT want to hand code all these essays
- wary of doing yet another Wordpress install on my domain, due to server space
- what kind of color scheme and design would work?
- what even should I title it?
- not sure if this is a site anybody would even find useful tbh
- not sure if I should incorporate my decluttering and money-saving sites into this site

Any advice and feedback is muchly appreciated!! <3<3<3<3<3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Positivity Site Plans (? what am I even doing rofl)

Post by nyxmidnight »

It's not very helpful but blue and green are considered the most calming colours for web design. Blue also inspires trust.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Hmmmm @nyxmidnight I might just have an idea for a blue and green theme arising in my brain now!! Maybe something even kind of ocean-y symbolism without being going full Little Mermaid seashell on it rofllll
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

YES I love the blue green idea! I was just typing that out when I looked at Nyx's comment!

I think this site would be very helpful. It would be cool for you to incorporate some coping strategies on how to stay positive and happy during rough times. I know a lot of people struggle with mental illnesses (for me it's anxiety), and it would be awesome to see some tips on how to stay positive and look at the world with the cup half full instead of half-empty mentality!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Oops I forgot to update this post (lmao)! After much thinking, I created Turning Toward Day as my "positivity" site, and I'm adding new content every day as I can. Check it out when you get a chance!
withinmyworld.org