Copy Cat

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
ritabuuk

Copy Cat

Post by ritabuuk »

Lately I have been directing more energy to writing for Copy Cat, my fansite for Mew and Mewtwo from Pokemon. I hadn't posted an update in a long time, but I have been gradually working in the background on multiple partially started pages that I hope to be able to share drafts of here in the Construction Zone soon (well, soon for me *cough*).

However, the other day, I was suddenly was struck by a realization of something from Pokemon the First Movie and very rapidly wrote a page all about it: considering the question of Why Does Dragonite Deliver the Mail?

It is a nice feeling to finally have a fully wrapped up brandy new page for Copy Cat after so long. I wanted to share it here, and I hope you enjoy reading it too. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Copy Cat

Post by Robin »

OMG THAT REVEAL TOWARD THE END OF THE PAGE

ROFLLLLL

And the Pokemon GIFs and images as reactions!! bahahahahaha

this is the BEST :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I've told you already but it bears repeating that I love what you did there. I can't believe there's still more to be said about that fuckin movie after 20 whole years. Slapped in the face by a pun that we got 20 years too late. I don't think any other fridge logic moment will ever compare to this one.

As always, your use of figures with the text is fantastic, and I want to say - Everyone, those wonderfully looping gifs from the movie over in the article? She put them together herself! The skill! The patience!!!!

I can't wait to see more stuff for Copy Cat :D :D :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! MIND = BLOWN!

I'm thankful you wrote this piece. It's really interesting and answers so many questions. I, too, had wondered about Dragonite. Thanks for spelling it out for me!

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for Copy Cat!

I'm not sure if I asked you before but are you planning to comment on the Mewtwo Mega forms on your site? I'm curious about what you think about them.
ritabuuk

Post by ritabuuk »

Thank you! I am glad you like what I did with the images, and I am glad to hear I was not the only one pondering about Dragonite, haha.

As for the Megas... I will need to write a page for that, but since I don't think that's going to happen for a long time, let me give a quick answer. My initial reaction to what we later learned was Mega Mewtwo Y during the early teaser phases before we even knew what it was, was mostly, wtf no.

As a bit more was revealed, and it was tied to Mewtwo's appearance in a new movie... my initial impression was that the movie would have Mewtwo in it, meeting up with Ash again long after the events of Mewtwo Returns, and there would be another Pokemon entirely that was Mega Mewtwo Y. And thinking about that, I thought, maybe this new Mewtwo-like Pokemon is meant to be a reference to how, in manga, there were multiple attempts made to clone Mewtwo, but they were all too unstable and died. What if this strangely deformed looking Mewtwo was one of those earlier clones that, unbeknownst to everyone, somehow survived. I thought that could maybe be neat.

But then it was revealed that actually, the Mewtwo we know and love would not be in the movie. Actually, the movie is a retcon/reboot/idk that basically implies that the Mewtwo we know and love never existed, The First Movie never happened, and Mewtwo Returns definitely never happened, and this new individual is Mewtwo now, and the whole concept of MegaEvolutions was unveiled and just uggggh, no.

By the time Mega Mewtwo X was revealed, I was just tired, and I didn't have much more of a reaction than, it's ugly.

So, that's your sneak peek. It should be a fun page. :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm excited to see that! And I have to say I felt similarly. I do really love Mewtwo and was really bummed by that movie.

I forgot to mention also: Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken Tournament. I'd be curious about reading your thoughts on that as well. ;) I also know nothing about the story behind that and he(?) hasn't appeared in any of the other games so I'm wondering if it's cannon??