About Construction Zone

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

About Construction Zone

Post by Robin »

Whoa, Amassment, watch your step and pardon our dust. You have just entered a Construction Zone!

Got a huge shrine you want to make, but feel like it's just too massive to tackle all at once? Want to start building a shrine but don't know how to start? Worried you might not have time to finish a shrine? Have you got an incomplete shrine online that you just don't know how to finish?

NO PROBLEM! Our Construction Zone feature will help you get inspired and stay focused from beginning to end! You'll be able to work on your shrine at your own pace, while allowing visitors to enjoy an active, growing site.

Here's how you can participate:
  1. Make a layout & index page, basic introduction page for your topic, and a "site" page for your shrine. (These are the bare minimum pages you need for this event--if you have more than that, that's fine, too!)
  2. Upload these files to your server right away!
  3. Plug your site in a separate topic within the Construction Zone forum.
  4. As you work on your shrine, post in your topic about what you're adding, so visitors can come and enjoy!
This might seem scary if you're used to releasing only completed shrines, but never fear! This forum is about enjoying our works in progress, encouraging and supporting each other. We love to see what you're working on!

There are many benefits to a public work in progress:
  • You will get feedback and ideas from other members as you work.
  • If you're stumped where to go next, you can post in your topic and ask for input.
  • You can use this site as something to work on in between other projects, when you're feeling bored, or want to work on a site and don't have much time to do anything substantial. Sites you make for Construction Zone are meant to be updated. Update them when you feel inspired or motivated, and work on them at your own pace.
  • You get IMMEDIATE satisfaction as people respond to your work and give you encouragement on your project every step along the way.
  • If you are shrining something with a massive canon (like a comic series, long anime or video game series), you will not feel pressure to cover everything at once, and can write about things you want, uploading as you go. You may not hit the entire canon, and your site may never stop being a work in progress, but because your visitors will know your site is a work in progress, you shouldn't feel bad about it not covering everything right away.
  • You will get to see the process in which others create shrines, and share your own. This should help, inspire, and motivate us all.
Submitting CZ Shrines to Directory

Because Construction Zone is about ongoing updates, be sure to post in the Add a Site topic and let us know when your site is ready to be added to the directory!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Re: About Construction Zone

Post by Destinie »

Question! Do I make a new topic here or can I have my topic transferred from the marathon forum? Thanks!
Lethe

Re: About Construction Zone

Post by Lethe »

Destinie wrote:Question! Do I make a new topic here or can I have my topic transferred from the marathon forum? Thanks!
I've moved your topic!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.