Aetherial: Y'shtola of FFXIV

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Aetherial: Y'shtola of FFXIV

Post by Crystal »

I think I can plug this now? Right? Here goes!

Aetherial - Y'shtola of Final Fantasy XIV

You are not imagining things. I am indeed shrining something from Final Fantasy! I'm pleased to present yet another shrine participant for Construction Zone! This time for Y'shtola from Final Fantasy XIV. I'm bummed the layout does weird things in small resolutions but hopefully it still looks okay!

All sections are up but nothing yet in terms of content on the subsections. I have some ideas down though so there are things to look forward to! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan A

Re: Aetherial: Y'shtola of FFXIV

Post by Megan A »

I really enjoy the color scheme of the layout, and the layout is really clean and organized. I really like the fonts you chose as well. I think you have a very particular style when it comes to designing layouts and choosing fonts, and it always works so nicely and creates really distinct designs that present content in a manner that is easy to read.

I really, really like your FFXIV section! You made it so incredibly personal by including your experiences with the MMO and also a little bit about your character. The other sections look like they're going to be great too. I love how you have all of your content separated. I can't wait to see more!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Megan! <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Really digging the beautiful horizontal navbar at the top, and the dark violet-gray background is so soft and yet striking against the white text and lighter colors used elsewhere. What you've got up in terms of content looks great (and I love that this site was another one born out of a Lethe-impetus :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Robin! :D
Jae

Post by Jae »

Crystal, I always love your crisp designs. It's cool to see something on FFXIV, and doubly useful as a review of the canon and Y'shtola! I'm looking forward to the sections on Y'shtola. I like the setup you've got going so far by establishing the background of the world and your own player character. (And while we're not in the same world, I do have a character in the same data center, so maybe one day we'll cross server party in a roulette!?)
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Jae! :D

Ohhh that would be awesome! I have a couple other toons I play too so we may run together and now even know it. Would still be cool though haha.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I NEVER GOT TO COMMENT ON THIS HERE, though I do think I freaked out on Twitter.

THIS. is such a simple yet elegant layout. It just screams Crystal to me. ;_; /drools over all your gorgeous patterns and serifs

I'm so glad you spontaneously decided to make this shrine because I adore Y'shtola's character desiiiiiiiign. (I didn't even know she got a design update until I saw your shrine, I think.) It's also comforting to know that I'll be able to follow some of the story through this shrine even after having quit FFXIV. :D

I haven't been to many shrines to MMORPGs yet, and, knowing how passionate you are about them, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of Aetherial! <3 Appearance, Conjurer and Screenshots in particular, because I'm predictable like that. <O><O>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Ahahaha thanks Lethe! Work has been slow going lately but hopefully I'll be able to pick up work on her again soon! I got some new information I'm excited to work on.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I was going to wait until I had more content finished but I decided to at least upload the one page I had completed. I added game information to the FFXIV page and expanded a bit on first impressions and my main character. I'm pretty pleased with how this page turned out.

My next plan is to work on the Y'shtola page which I'm hoping will give me ideas on how exactly I want to do the Deeper page. I have ideas but I want more specific ideas.