Pure Heart - Link, the Hero of Time

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan A

Pure Heart - Link, the Hero of Time

Post by Megan A »

Pure Heart is my shrine dedicated to a subject that is very special to me: Link from Legend of Zelda, but more specifically, the Hero of Time as he appears in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. This is my favorite character from any series ever, and I'd been wanting to create some sort of dedication for him since before I joined here. My future goal with this shrine is to analyze this character in a very specific way that is unique to this specific Link, as detailed on the index of the shrine (spoiler warning).

Sections that currently have content:
Legend of a Great Hero - Basic information on the games that this character appears in
Cycle of Rebirth - Information about the reincarnation system and timeline split that appears in the Legend of Zelda series

Please let me know if there are any issues with the layout on your screen or if there's any readability problems whatsoever. If there are any points where I should clarify more, please also point those out! Any other comments and suggestions are also welcome. Thank you for taking time to look at my little Link tribute!

Updates:
November 1, 2016
December 26, 2016
Last edited by Megan A on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crystal

Re: Pure Heart - Link, the Hero of Time

Post by Crystal »

I'm so excited for this! <33333
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Holy crap this is going to be an excellent shrine, I can tell already. It's shaping up like a dissertation on Young Link (researched and thoroughly explored), yet beautifully illustrated and designed so that it reads easily! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is looking great! Link <3 the world needs more Link shrines! :D
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Thank you so much, everyone! I am glad to hear everyone's excitement for this shrine. :D
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hello, Amassment! I am here with a small update:

I've uploaded the first page of the "The Boy Without a Fairy" section! I really wanted the introduction of this section to set the mood for the rest of the pages that I am currently writing so it's mostly written about his experiences just at the start of the game. I'm trying to approach this with the idea that things can always be moved around so nothing is permanent at this point in the shrine. I hope you enjoy reading it! Comments and suggestions are always welcome. :music2:

I have been working on a new layout because I've decided I really need to change the current one after fighting with it for so long. x_x Will probably wait until I have more content uploaded to put it online to avoid getting sick of it like this one! :heart:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

AWESOME! I like the storytelling feel of the text <3 really does set the mood!!

I'm also excited to hear about your new layout! What has been the biggest struggle with the current one?
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Thank you, Robin! I am glad that you enjoyed it! I'm happy that you pointed out that it feels like I'm telling a story, because I think that's the direction I'd like to take with this shrine in the end! Hopefully I'll have some more to update soon. :D
Robin wrote:I'm also excited to hear about your new layout! What has been the biggest struggle with the current one?
The whole layout was full of positioning and horizontal scrollbar struggles. The navigation is nestled in there so exact that if I decide to change it or anything, the horizontal scrollbar comes back. Just an overall headache. I really resent the layout now. :'( The new layout is coded a lot better for the type of navigation I have, and I think it also fits the mood a lot more!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Ah, ok! (I know that horizontal scrollbar pain -_- I'm glad the new layout is not giving you fits!! :D :D)
withinmyworld.org
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Ohh, I love this, Megan! :D I also love how your shrine and Destinie's complement each other! <3 Keep up the good work! :star: