Atomic Heart: Heisei-Era Godzilla

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: Atomic Heart: Heisei-Era Godzilla

Post by Destinie »

Thanks, Kate! I really need to find the time to work on it some more and get up all the info that's in my brain! :P
Laura

Post by Laura »

I love the layout!! I'm a little bad with words right now but it gives me the sort of "warning!" feeling I get when I see government stuff. Like black tape, or blacked out information on important government documents. The red really helps with it. XD I hope that made sense, I just really love the theme.

I really enjoyed reading the background information about the original film. I believe I've seen it, a long time ago. I know I've seen some of the other Heisei era films (a term I learned from your site, nice!) and I really loved them... I'd love to watch them again and wonder if maybe you could think about adding a viewers guide in the future? :3 I know there's plans for "first time watchers" in your appendicies so maybe that covers it but it'd be nice to know where I could watch the movies online or where to buy them at least. <3

Also, I'm really curious about the original character designs that would have incorporated the whale aspect!! 0_0 I thought it was strange that the name would be based partly on "whale" but... he looks nothing like a whale... then on your site I learn they abandoned the idea in favour of dinosaurs. Hmm, I'm very curious! XD Post pics!! /superdemanding

Hahah, I can't wait to see what else you put up for the site. <3 I can't believe I didn't comment until now either! WTF. I thought I did but better late than never I guess. XD
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I love your love of Godzilla :heart:

The layout looks great, and I love how you used angular on this. I'm really looking forward to the "ENVIRONMENTALISM" page, since I really love the symbolism in a lot of the post-nuclear era and how the kaiju genre emerged from that.

Also curious, when I click on "Film Timeline," I get the "Site Credits" page. Since there's no page source info on hover form the menu, is there a way you could add a tiny content switch transition to help see the change when you navigate?
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Laura Thanks! I hope to add pics after I finish writing all the content. :)

@Masao Thanks for the feedback! And definitely, yes, I can play around with the code some more. A lot of the pages aren't up yet so I just have it default to the main page content. Would it be better to add a "page under construction" message?
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Yeah, that would help, or make the link unclickable. I can't wait to see more pages. :D
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Todd

Post by Todd »

DESTINIE! I LOVE THIS!

The layout is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for black, white, and red together. I love the menu. The introduction to the films and character is great. This is going to be a huge project, and I'm excited you have decided to tackle it with Construction Zone! This is a neat way to make that site you've always wanted to make; I know you've been talking about Godzilla for some time now.

Great job. Keep working!!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Thank you, Todd!!

I just took a hint from Robin and mapped out all my current projects (fansites and other things) so in the next couple of months I should be able to write and upload some new pages. I have so much to talk about but I hope to get the site finished this year!