Long Live the King: Kageyama Tobio of Haikyuu!!

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Aku

Long Live the King: Kageyama Tobio of Haikyuu!!

Post by Aku »

Hey guys! :heh:

http://tobio.shinkirou.net

I've got the "bare bones" of my Kageyama shrine up (still untitled!) so I figured I could go ahead and begin sharing what I've got! The layout is semi-temporary, I'll be working in details as I go and approaching the design as a WIP along with my content. I'm planning on designing each essay differently to hopefully illustrate the content better (so many fun plans!), but I definitely want to do something spicier for the home page, once I have more of an idea of how it will navigate.

One thing I really love about Haikyuu!! is how poetic it is, despite also being a silly sports manga, so that's something I'd really love to capture while working on Kageyama. I think it's really easy for me to make something silly and sarcastic, because that's who I am. But, I'd love to use this shrine as an opportunity for me to showcase a more poetic/serious side of my writing and design, and make something really beautiful and unique, like the special little snowflake that Kageyama is... :sob:

Today's update is just the basics!
  • Fly - Introduction to plot of Haikyuu!! + The Karasuno Crows
    Tobio - Profile & Background on Kageyama
    Site - ...An outline of what will eventually be filled with more info about the shrine itself :bleh:
Looking forward to diving into more analytical stuff soon!! I need to do a lot of re-reading though. (On an off note: I have collected cool quotes about kings which have birthed entire sections of the site in my head... if you have any good ones that you wouldn't mind sharing with me, please do! I really want to play upon the "king" metaphor throughout the writing~)
Last edited by Aku on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Aku Doesn't Have a Title Yet: Kageyama Tobio of Haikyuu!

Post by Robin »

this "in process" design is lovely! Makes my "complete" layouts look meh in comparison LOL

Also, I like how you've put together the site so far, having three basic sections for content, yet also having lots of room to expand if you want. :D

To help with the "king" quotations...(plus one about the crown for even more levels of metaphor LOL)

- "It's good to be the king!" - History of the World, part I (ROFLLLL)
- "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" - William Shakespeare
- "To be a king and wear a crown is a thing more glorious to them that see it than it is pleasant to them that bear it." - Elizabeth I
- "There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King." - Orison Swett Marden
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aku

Post by Aku »

@Robin: Ahh thank you so much, and thank you especially for the help with additional quotes! A few of them are actually super fitting, will definitely be putting some to use! :yay:

The three areas right now are not so much sections as they are separate essays, but I'll definitely be looking into organization later on! I'm really not sure how I'll break up the site yet, I need to do a lot more re-reading and figure out an outline. My notes right now are just a muddled mix of what I want to say with no coherent flow haha. :cry:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Aku wrote:@Robin: Ahh thank you so much, and thank you especially for the help with additional quotes! A few of them are actually super fitting, will definitely be putting some to use! :yay:
YAY! :D :D :D
Aku wrote: My notes right now are just a muddled mix of what I want to say with no coherent flow haha. :cry:
I FEEL THIS so hardddddd LOL literally all of my pages are starting off as "aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA I HAVE FEELS OK"
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

OOO I like all the quotes you've added in since I checked this last! The special character in front of the quote author's name isn't showing up in my Firefox browser, but other than that it's all good. And those images--amazing!! :D
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

You and your amazing outside the box webdesigns!!!!!!!!!! TT_TT so beautiful!

I love what you have written so far. I am kind of familiar because I watched maybe the first four episodes of this anime so I have some background but so far the site is covering all of that expertly!
Aku

Post by Aku »

Robin wrote:OOO I like all the quotes you've added in since I checked this last! The special character in front of the quote author's name isn't showing up in my Firefox browser, but other than that it's all good. And those images--amazing!! :D
Thanks Robin! :yay: I'm guessing that's the em dash I used (being a typography stickler...) and I'm not sure why it'd be doing that, but I'll check it out! I might just need to put some kind of stuff in the code for browsers to recognize it properly or something.
Destinie wrote:You and your amazing outside the box webdesigns!!!!!!!!!! TT_TT so beautiful!

I love what you have written so far. I am kind of familiar because I watched maybe the first four episodes of this anime so I have some background but so far the site is covering all of that expertly!
Thank you so much Destinie!! :cry: I hope I can try a lot of new things with this shrine, both with design and with writing!
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I love your in-progress layout so much! It's so creative and unique. The design is really pleasing. The first sections that you've uploaded are super easy to follow and fun to read, coming from someone who is unfamiliar with the series. Can't wait to see more! :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I. AM. SO EXCITED. FOR THIS SHRINE. BECAUSE EACH PAGE IS CUSTOM-TAILORED. And it's such an interesting take on everything aaaaaah the tone and writing!! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK IN THIS. <O><O> /marvels

I love the typography and the colours!! The way you decided to insert Karasuno's line-up is so great too omg... Really a highlight reel of amazing panels!!

I NEED MORE.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Aku, how do you do it? You make such stunning layouts. It makes me forget I'm even looking at a shrine! I mean I feel like this is an official website, I mean IT IS, BUT I FKDJL; I CAN'T EXPLAIN MY FEELINGS. hahaha!! The content up as of right now- the writing is great, the information is there, the tone is perfect. I am so so soo excited to see more from this shrine. Plus Kageyama is starting to slowly become my favorite character as I watch through the first season!! ;w; AMAZING WORK AKU.