Absentia: The Eighth Doctor (Doctor Who)

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Kate

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:04 pm

ROBIN! Your shrines are one of my favorites to read, they flow so nicely and are so informative. *__* I have zero knowledge of Doctor Who it all seems so confusing to me haha! But your shrine was easy for me to read through, even with the lack of Doctor Who knowledge! :D I love love love the animated header to the layout and the design of the header. It's all really nice! I also like the kind of question and answer content you added for the character study~ This looks like it's going to be a BIG shrine, and I can't wait to see more! ;u;

Robin
Events Staffer

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:00 pm

@Kate: Thank you!! :D Glad you like it AND that it's approachable even for someone who doesn't know anything about Doctor Who. (I actually still don't know as much as the average Whovian does--I've got a highly specialized knowledge base because Eight is <3 ^O^;; But I'm hoping to put in as much info as I have, and give a lot of neat perspectives in various articles. :D)

(I'm also going to add in pics for each article as I finish and polish them, so that my articles don't suffer from "wall of text syndrome," LOL)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org

Laura

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:36 am

OMFG Robin I just read your fan pages for Eight. LOL I'm dying!!! I hope you add more stuff like this to your shrine, it makes me wanna bring back my "silly" sections. XD ahahahaha <3<3<3

Robin
Events Staffer

Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:58 pm

wolfrun wrote:OMFG Robin I just read your fan pages for Eight. LOL I'm dying!!! I hope you add more stuff like this to your shrine, it makes me wanna bring back my "silly" sections. XD ahahahaha <3<3<3
hahaha I just couldn't leave my silly brain things off my Eight shrine--it was too good and I literally sat there howling laughing at it all xD

I'm going to add some more serious articles as well to kind of balance things out, but there are definitely some more silly pages coming up too (like the photo gallery with funny captions xD xD)
withinmyworld.org

Robin
Events Staffer

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:51 pm

I was randomly reading back through my How I Became a Fan page last night, and realized I needed to tighten up some formatting and streamline a couple things. So I used the <abbr> tag for each of the actors' names to associate them with which Doctor they played, and I used blockquote formatting to help make the last section of the page MUCH easier to read. YAYYYYYYY it's only needed doing for about 1000000 years xD
withinmyworld.org

Masao
Host

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Ooh Robin, I really like how the images in the header rotates, it adds a nice surprise to the experience. Dr Who is such a massive topic, and I really liked how you highlighted a relatively unknown area of a huge fandom. All the content is :inlove:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.

Robin
Events Staffer

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:12 pm

@Masao: thank you!! :D (I totally haven't stared dreamily at my own site header...nope not at all :D)

I'm hoping to feel like adding more content this week too! I'm glad you like what is there so far. (Also I'm glad I didn't try to make a "complete" Doctor Who shrine because my brain would just run screaming XD)
withinmyworld.org

Robin
Events Staffer

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:08 am

HOMG A NEW PAGE

Yes, finally, I have the first draft of some new content!!

I need to add images to it because it's very Wall of Text-y, but at least I got something done at long last: Why the TV Movie DOESN'T Suck!
withinmyworld.org

Crystal

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:23 am

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about Doctor Who I found this to be quite enjoyable and easy to read. You are amazing Robin!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.

Robin
Events Staffer

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:45 am

@Crystal: Oooo thank you! I'm glad it is approachable and not overwhelming :D :D
withinmyworld.org

• Information