Does the walker choose the path?: Old Kingdom series

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Rems

Re: Does the walker choose the path?: Old Kingdom series

Post by Rems »

@Megan: Thanks Megan!

@Chibi: yes good I highly approve :'D there's quite a lot to read but I won't go that fast with writing this. most of the pages I'll start on will be the non-spoilery ones, lol.

@Emma: the Kindle editions have sparse formatting issues (which haven't been fixed...) except Clariel which seems to be fine. Clariel is first chronologically so it could be interesting to start there (that's what I'll be doing closer to the time).

@Lethe: dfasd thank you lethe ;; I'm glad you like them!! (And that's good because I so often agonise over fl layouts and they have to Be Perfect).
❝ they have stolen the heart from inside you, but this does not define you ❞
Rems

Post by Rems »

Tiny not-really-an-update, but I stopped being lazy and finished up the fanlisting side of the tribute today! Zoom. I tweaked the colour scheme slightly to match the image variation (which features the other covers for the other two books). I also updated the main tribute index and added the fanlisting to the navigation.

REAL CONTENT TO COME.... eventually. :'D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Beautiful layouts for both shrine and fanlisting! I like how they visually appear so similar but have little tweaks and quirks all their own, too :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
mishiro

Post by mishiro »

Seeing this upcoming shrine dedicated to a book series really pique my interest and makes me wanna make a dedication site to a book series too! :) I haven't read this series yet but if reading your shrine and content can somehow change my mind then I would be happy to try out this series. Anyways, all the best yo! <3

P.S. Your layout is gorgeous and I love how you'll be organizing your content.
From the earth, the land, the sea and sky
They can never win, but they sure can try

Icon by Megan
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

omg this is what I get for not checking the events section often. The Abhorsen series was one of my favorites growing up. I can't wait to read this (and the layout looks so good)! :inlove:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Kate

Post by Kate »

REMS!! I am so happy and excited to see this shrine. I have been meaning to comment for ages now but I just jfkdl;a I never knew what to say besides sobbing noises haha~ This is going to be a beautiful shrine, and I am so SOOO excited for it UGH. :heart: :heart: There needs to be more book shrines! :inlove:
Todd

Post by Todd »

Great to see a shrine to a literary subject! Everything looks great so far! I am excited to see you shrining, too, Rems! Keep up the great work.
Rems

Post by Rems »

Thank you everyone, belatedly, for your kind words! I'm glad for the excitement and I will certainly do my best at encouraging everyone to read (or re-read) these books. ;)

Since the last time I was here in this thread, the fifth book has been released and I've been sat on a mire of "so much to do, where do I start", and just getting into the groove of where to go to get it done. As it's such a big project, and though it's now my focus with my two bucket list shrines out of the way, this is one I'm going to work on little by little. So sort of a background focus instead, then.

I am, however, going to motivate myself by proposing #constructionzonemondays - where I am aiming to post all the content I've completed throughout the week for this site - be it multiple pages or half or just a section on a Monday, just to keep it active and alive and keep me going! Though I failed this week when I was due to start it off (thanks, body), I do come to you today with the first update in almost a year...

Which is actually real content this time. Gasp.

The series subsection is now up, and the book summaries page is completed and live! Complete with two paragraph bite size chunks to "sell" them to site readers, and recommended reading orders.

I've also updated the index page to reflect the end of the construction zone event and to make it a little more concise.