Banner Trade 2017

Do you love receiving and making banners? Then Banner Trade it's for you! From January 10 to February 10 you can request banners for your sites and create them for other participants' sites.
Sofia
Administrator

Banner Trade 2017

Post by Sofia »

Hello members!

After a long break, we are bringing back our popular Banner Trade activity this year! During this event, members create banners for other members and, if someone receives a banner, they have to make some in return.

Even if you have already participated in one or more of our previous Banner Trade rounds, we urge you to read the rules carefully before signing up since we introduced a few changes this time.

EVENT DETAILS
  • Period: from January 10 to February 10
  • Staffers: Sofia & Emma
  • Sign-up period: always open
RULES
  • To receive banners, create a post in the Banner Trade event subforum. One post per person!
  • Use the form! It will help you specify what kind of banner(s) you'd like to receive (subject, size, etc…) and avoid receiving too many donations you cannot return.
  • To donate banners, simply reply to someone else's post with your banners or send them via email (don't forget to leave a reply in the post though). However, please also post the buttons regardless if you sent them via email when you are done in a reply to the topic made by the requester.
  • All sites accepted at Amassment can receive banners.
  • If you cannot keep up with the donations, update the form ASAP so that you don't receive any new ones until you have cleared your donations queue.
FORM
Subject(s):
Preferred size(s): …
Preferred method for receiving banners: post/email/both
Available: yes/no (not taking any donation until x/y/x)
Currently making donations for: …
Anything else: … (for example list of image galleries for small/less popular subjects)
As always, if you have any questions/doubts/etc…don't hesitate to get in touch. Happy banner making!

EDIT 10 January: should you not receive any banner in return for the one(s) you donated after the event is over, please let us (Emma and Sofia) know.

EDIT 14 January: if you would like to post the banners you have donated on the board, but don't want/can't host them on your server we suggest to use Imgur and UltraIMG :)
Last edited by Sofia on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Stefi
Administrator

Re: Banner Trade 2016

Post by Stefi »

Few questions because I haven't done the banner trade in about 5 years, sorry!

• Could you kindly clarify how the donation queue works and how each participant keeps track of it?
  • When I return a donation, do I respond on my own post or on the poster's thread?
  • Just to be clear, "Available" is the status for open/closed for donations?
  • Are there any other types of sites that can receive banners?
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Banner Trade 2017

Post by dubiousdisc »

I also have a question! All of my sites have tons of banners (from previous events, hee), so I wouldn't want any more. Can I still participate by just making banners for others?
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

@Stefi: no problem, questions are always welcome!

1) Each participant keeps track of their own donation queue in whichever way works best for them. You can write something like: making banners for [insert names] in your thread or somewhere else (doc, piece of paper, you name it…). The important thing is that every donor receives some banners in return.

2) We suggest to leave a reply in the donor's thread (either to notify them or notify them + include the banners) and update your own thread (i.e. finished donations for X, making donations for Y/queue cleared and accepting new donations…). Also, you don't need to add a new reply every time you return a donation; you can simply edit the first post in your thread.

3) Yes, it refers to donations. Not compulsory to use, but highly suggested.

4) Sure, anything accepted at Amassment is good.

@dubiousdisc: absolutely! Just remember to specify you are not participating in full so to speak so that other participants know they don't need to make any banner for you.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Got it! Thanks, Sofia!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Stefi wrote:Got it! Thanks, Sofia!
You're welcome! :)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Alright! I'll get makin :D
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Well done, dubs! That's the spirit ;)
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

We forgot to note upon an important detail: When you donate, please also post the buttons regardless if you sent them via email when you are done in a reply to the topic made by the requester.

We all want to see the pretty :D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.