Summer Anime Conventions/Cosplay?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Aku

Summer Anime Conventions/Cosplay?

Post by Aku »

Dunno if this is the right place for this topic... but since it's anime related, maybe it's okay. XD I'm not sure if you guys are as big of con-goers as I am, but does anyone have any plans to go to cons this summer, or maybe work on some cosplay? :) It'd be nice to bump into some fellow Amassment folk!

I normally go to Anime Expo every year, but due to some conflicting summer plans, my group of friends planned to try out Anime Central instead. I'll be cosplaying as Bulma (DBZ) and Janna (League of Legends) this year~! Should be hanging out with two other lovely ladies who will be Videl/Ashe and Arale/Sailor Mars, respectively. XD

What are your summer anime con plans?
Emma
Time Traveler

Re: Summer Anime Conventions/Cosplay?

Post by Emma »

Aku, I was just lamenting over my lack of cons this year. :( I usually go to at least one con and try to make London MCM Expo but I can't go to any this year, and there's no big UK summer con this year. So my next con will most likely be 2015. This is my first time with no sumer con in ten years. I'M SO SAD, especially because it means I won't get to see a lot of my con friends. Alas.

And wow, Janna. *_* You'll look amazing! I haven't cosplayed in forever (like seven or eight years?) but a lot of my friends still do. I've been really wanting to do something next year, probably a Final Fantasy lady. I'd LOVE to cosplay a Sailor Senshi, too.
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

It's not an anime convention (more gaming/internet), but I'll be heading down to Austin in July for RTX. (Though, now that they have RWBY as a show, I guess they are a little more anime, haha.)

I'm really excited, it's the only thing I can afford to go to this year and it'll be great to see friends I can't see otherwise :heart: Not into cosplay myself but I'm excited for all the costumes I know I'll be seeing there!
tonight fate is the
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I've... never gone to a con in my entire life. XD; The ones in America are obviously too far, I haven't looked in any UK ones properly and cons here in Italy were always out of question (too busy with school, or they were on days that I couldn't go, or I simply didn't want to be judged by my parents for going). Actually, now that I think about it, I might have gone to a sort of con back when I was 10 or so? It was a Lord of the Rings one and I was there for maybe an hour or so (my dad brought me there), so I don't remember much, haha. XD

Anyway! I plan on going to a lot more cons in the future... hopefully. I need to really budget my money at the moment, so I don't know exactly to how many cons I can go. I am planning on going to RiminiComix this summer though to meet with a dear friend of mine that I've met online years ago, but never met up with because we lived far away from each other. I think I have just about enough money to go to this con and I'd love to 1) actually go to a con for the first time in my life; and 2) meet with my friend. It would be amazing. :heart:

As for cosplay, I've never done it, although it sounds fun. I'd love to cosplay as Sakura or as a sailor senshi. I might do it in the future, but it depends on a lot of things. XD;
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Baby's first con this summer! I am going to Otakuthon and I want to cosplay, but I dunno who to cosplay as :/

Maybe I'll just go in my iaido gi/hakama.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Aku

Post by Aku »

Emma wrote:This is my first time with no sumer con in ten years. I'M SO SAD, especially because it means I won't get to see a lot of my con friends. Alas.
That's really sad, Emma! T__T I've been going to cons for so long that summer doesn't feel right without at least one, so I understand what you mean. I kinda feel the same way about AX this year. I'll still get to hang out with friends at ACen, but the ones who I ONLY usually see during con season won't be able to come. It's gonna be different without the whole group! ): And hahaha I HOPE Janna will come out okay! (Hextech Janna, I won't be the nakey one... xD) I'm still in the process of making her staff, but I've been procrastinating...

I've always wanted to be a FF girl too... ;__;! And I'm jealous of anyone who can pull off a Sailor Senshi.
Larissa wrote:It's not an anime convention (more gaming/internet), but I'll be heading down to Austin in July for RTX.
That's awesome Larissa, have fun! :3 I've always been to anime conventions, but I'd actually love to go to a gaming one. (Almost all of my cosplay has actually been gaming cosplay... x_x) I'd really love to go to PAX one of these years, my friend wants me to go to PAX Prime later this year but I dunno if I'll have the funds for it.
Chibi wrote: I am planning on going to RiminiComix this summer though to meet with a dear friend of mine that I've met online years ago, but never met up with because we lived far away from each other. I think I have just about enough money to go to this con and I'd love to 1) actually go to a con for the first time in my life; and 2) meet with my friend. It would be amazing.
I hope you can go, Chibi! My first con was a really amazing experience, and my first con cosplaying was even more amazing! It's just great to be surrounded by people who all love the same things that you do, and in cosplay you feel like a celebrity. XD I've met up with a lot of online friends who are now lifelong-real life friends!

Sakura cosplay would be super cute, I almost never see it anymore! It's a shame because she has so many beautiful dresses. :(
nyxmidnight wrote:Baby's first con this summer! I am going to Otakuthon and I want to cosplay, but I dunno who to cosplay as :/
Have fun Nyx! Could you pull off a simple SMT cosplay, perhaps? :yay: My friends and I did Persona 4 one year, and Raidou and Nagi last year! A lot of people recognized Raidou, Nagi... not so much. XD
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I haven't attended one in...wow, I can't even remember lol. The last one was A-kon 29 I think? Maybe 27 or 28.

I would love to go to another but the cost is just, agh Dx Plus, my friends have new interests than me so...yeah |D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Aku wrote:
nyxmidnight wrote:Baby's first con this summer! I am going to Otakuthon and I want to cosplay, but I dunno who to cosplay as :/
Have fun Nyx! Could you pull off a simple SMT cosplay, perhaps? :yay: My friends and I did Persona 4 one year, and Raidou and Nagi last year! A lot of people recognized Raidou, Nagi... not so much. XD
I can't really think of a simple SMT cosplay... :swt:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

I'm going to be headed to Anime North this month! Unfortunately I didn't have the funds for cosplay this year, but next year I'm hoping go as either Mitsuru from Persona 3, or Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. This year I'll just be walking around in my kimono and holding my friends bags as they pose for cosplay pictures
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Tara wrote:I'm going to be headed to Anime North this month! Unfortunately I didn't have the funds for cosplay this year, but next year I'm hoping go as either Mitsuru from Persona 3, or Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. This year I'll just be walking around in my kimono and holding my friends bags as they pose for cosplay pictures
Sounds like fun! I'd really love to see more CCS cosplay. T_T Persona 3 could use some love too, normally I see a lot more Persona 4. I feel you though, cosplay is really expensive, my wallet is crying right now as it is. I've done the bag-holding/cameraman job before. >_< As fun as cosplay is, it's a lot more comfortable to romp around the con without it, that's for sure.