Summer Anime Conventions/Cosplay?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Aku

Re: Summer Anime Conventions/Cosplay?

Post by Aku »

Tara wrote:The lines move pretty fast because it's the same generic burger for everyone. You don't get to pick so the lines goes pretty quickly. It's finding a place to eat that's the tricky part!! I usually end up eating picnic style on the grass.

Ahhhh I'm in the same boat, I dislike energy drinks. If they handed out juice or water I'd be all over that, though!
That's good! That definitely does make it go faster. At the LA Convention center there's a Starbucks on the second floor, and that line is actually horrendous. I can't imagine having to work there, taking all those orders and nonstop pumping out drinks... ><;; Hahah, picnic style is totally how I've always done it too. XD Trying to find a place to eat in the actual con center is a disaster!

A couple of times my friends have gone out to eat in cosplay, at a nearby Denny's. It's pretty hilarious to walk into Denny's and see like, all of the Naruto cast eating breakfast for dinner together. XD
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Aku wrote:That's good! That definitely does make it go faster. At the LA Convention center there's a Starbucks on the second floor, and that line is actually horrendous. I can't imagine having to work there, taking all those orders and nonstop pumping out drinks... ><;; Hahah, picnic style is totally how I've always done it too. XD Trying to find a place to eat in the actual con center is a disaster!

A couple of times my friends have gone out to eat in cosplay, at a nearby Denny's. It's pretty hilarious to walk into Denny's and see like, all of the Naruto cast eating breakfast for dinner together. XD
I love going out to restaurants in cosplay, it's so much fun! But I feel like the locals just get less and less surprised by it every year hahaha.

It's been a while since I've been to Anime North, but I remember there being a lot of free space outside. I don't remember any indoor food courts or anything like that, just fast food places everywhere, lol. Then again it takes place in various hotels instead of one big centre, so I guess that makes sense. It's by the airport, I think? So there's lots of places to go to.
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Tara wrote: I'm really hoping they're still doing the free burgers at Burger King for Anime North this year. Such a moneysaver, lol
They actually do that at Anime North? o_o Yum~ Last year was my first time going to AN. How many times have you went?
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Mayumi wrote:
Tara wrote: I'm really hoping they're still doing the free burgers at Burger King for Anime North this year. Such a moneysaver, lol
They actually do that at Anime North? o_o Yum~ Last year was my first time going to AN. How many times have you went?
This is only my second year going, sadly. :( My first time was six years ago so I have no idea if they still do that. I really hope they do though!!
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Tara wrote:
Mayumi wrote:
This is only my second year going, sadly. :( My first time was six years ago so I have no idea if they still do that. I really hope they do though!!
LOL! Yay for second years ;P
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Anyone going to Anime EXPO this year? I'll be there during the weekend.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Anise

Post by Anise »

I'm not attending any conventions but I will be staffing AnimeNEXT this year.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

BUMPING THIS:

Is anyone planning on going to Anime North this year? I am going! And so is Samantha :) And we will be meeting up with Mayumi/Michelle! It would be awesome to meet more of you there! <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Darn my lack of money :sob:
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I need to drag my man to an anime con. >:) I'm planning 2 cons in July but neither Anime-themed. ;X;