Crunchyroll Recs

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Crunchyroll Recs

Post by Destinie »

Hi All! Anyone else here use Crunchyroll? I love it. (My husband, who went through a period of being like "boo anime" but since has changed and we watch anime together ♥)

Does anyone have any good recommendations for new shows? We're currently watching Cat God and I recently finished Otome Yokai Zakuro (omg so gooodddd).

And our username is "cirrostratus". :>
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Crunchyroll Recs

Post by nyxmidnight »

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit is amazeballs, if it's on there.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

It's not actually anime, but Destinie, I feel like you might enjoy RWBY? Start with the trailers and give it a shot, anyway.
tonight fate is the
Aku

Post by Aku »

There's a loooot of good anime on CR, especially these days. Something for everyone for sure! But, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, if you're into manly action-adventure anime! XD The first two seasons are up, and they're simulcasting the third season. :)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Seconding Larissa on RWBY, it's a really enjoyable series if you like anime! Also, I'd recommend Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, both brilliant series that I have finished not too long ago and that I love. :heart:

As for anime, the latest ones I've watched are Mawaru Penguindrum, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Higashi no Eden (or Eden of the East), which I would recommend. I also love Honey & Clover. :heart: I'm not sure if they're on CR though.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Larissa and Chibi I have read up on RWBY and it sounds really interesting. I'll give it a shot ;D

@Aku You know, I've passed JoJo in the past so we should probably look into watching it! I like things that are...bizarre. XD;
neo

Post by neo »

"Mushi-shi" / "Mushishi" !!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushishi

It's an incredibly beautiful, cerebral, and psychological series that is so calming and eye-opening at the same time ^^.

The second season (Mushishi: Zoku-Shō) debuted last month ^^. It is also on Netflix (the first season anyway).

Edit: Well, nvm, the jerks took it off of netflix xD;
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I was watching Mushishi for a while. It's a lovely series!