What's in your manga collection?

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Samantha

Re: What's in your manga collection?

Post by Samantha »

Destinie wrote:@Samantha Ah! I had the first volume of Juvenile Orion (when I went through my hard core bishounen phase). I never got any farther in it. Kind of wondering where that story went, lol!
Haha! It ended really...fast I think. I loved Naoya though. His sister was awesome too, but she didn't have a big role since she came in at the end.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I haven't read that one. I want to read more manga though. How long is Juvenile Orion and what's it about?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Cherri wrote:I haven't read that one. I want to read more manga though. How long is Juvenile Orion and what's it about?
It's 5 volumes and you can read about it here on MAL haha. I haven't read it in a while and I'm bad at summarizing plots. XD;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Samantha: That's okay. You posted a link and that works. ^-^ It sounds interesting. And the art is pretty.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I own: (*) for completed volumes

1.) Fullmetal Alchemist 1-27 :heart: :heart: :heart: *
2.) Kimi to Boku
3.) Ouran High School Host Club *
4.) Bokura ga Ita
5.) Fruits Basket *
6.) Rurouni Kenshin *
7.) Death Note *
8.) Kuroshitsuji
9.) Gintama
10.) S.A. Special A *
11.) Monkey High *
12.) Time and Time Again *
13.) Cafe Kichijouji De *
14.) Absolute Boyfriend *
15.) Fushigi Yuugi *
16.) Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden
17.) Katekyo Hitman Reborn
18.) xxxHolic *
19.) Tsubasa Chronicles *
20.) The Gentleman's Alliance Cross (only 1-3 volumes )
21.) Ao no Exorcist
22.) Sand Chronicles *
23.) Kimi ni Todoke
24.) Hunter x Hunter ( only 5 volumes )
25.) Slam Dunk ( only few volumes )

I also collected the english magazines print issues of

1.) Shonen Jump
2.) Shoujo Beat
3.) Yen Plus

But I don't buy as much anymore. I got into comic books more because of the art. I plan to sell some of my manga soon.
aminuet .。. king
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Kibumie I did that a couple years back, well, I gave a bunch of mine away. I had a lot more manga but became more picky about story lines/artwork. |D;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I don't think I could ever sell/give away mine...except for some doubles of volumes. I have separation issues.

Is the Full Metal Alchemist manga good? Is it super sad like some of the anime episodes that made me cry? I mean I haven't seen all the episodes but just a few to know a bit.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Cherri wrote: Is the Full Metal Alchemist manga good? Is it super sad like some of the anime episodes that made me cry? I mean I haven't seen all the episodes but just a few to know a bit.
YES IT'S VERY GOOD. :D
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Cherri wrote:I don't think I could ever sell/give away mine...except for some doubles of volumes. I have separation issues.

Is the Full Metal Alchemist manga good? Is it super sad like some of the anime episodes that made me cry? I mean I haven't seen all the episodes but just a few to know a bit.
Oh me too! It`s hard for me to let go of my stuffs, but I feel like I just have too much. I think I need to let go some of them because I read some online anyway. I'm only keeping the ones that I really like and would want to keep as long as I can.

Right now, I plan to keep Fullmetal Alchemist (OF COURSE!), Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Fushigi Yuugi SS & GK, Kimi To Boku, Fruits Basket, and Ouran High. I plan to sell the others via anime con in bulk.

Yes, Fullmetal Alchemist is the best manga series I have ever read! The storyline is perfect and exceptional! In a way, there is drama but it also consist of action and comedy. :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Destinie: I think I can't give mine away for free lol. I have to make money from there or else I'll just keep them haha. Yes me too! With manga, I am more picky about the storyline and try to read the ones that I would really enjoy!
aminuet .。. king
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Destinie: Okay. ^-^ I'll give it a go.

@Kibumie: I have a ton of stuff but I don't want to let go because I know that when I do, I'll want that item. Best just to keep it. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!