Manga TO Novels - Novels TO Manga

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Eden

Re: Manga TO Novels - Novels TO Manga

Post by Eden »

My favorite novel to manga is the Battle Royale adaptation. :)
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I've been wanting to get the novels that go along with Trinity Blood and xXxHolic, but I'm already doing a terrible job at balancing reading with school work. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea, right? It occurs to me, I don't think I've ever read a novel based on manga and vice versa. XD
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

No, Snow, it is NOT a bad idea. GET THEM! Do eet! Hmm, I'm not sure you have either. Meaning you NEED to get the ones for Trinity Blood and xxxHolic. I think there might be novels for Parasite Eve also but I'm not sure they are translated.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Manga to Novels
I have read the Fushigi Yuugi novels (13 of them!), most of them detailed the background stories of some of my favorite characters which I greatly enjoyed.

Novel to Manga
I'm a huge fan of both the Half Prince novels and manga, sadly I can't understand mandarin so I depend on fan releases. I got the manga as a birthday present from my best friend who now lives in Taiwan ^_^.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That's great Yuzuki! I'm hoping to get more novels.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

My only experience with Japanese novels are the one from the Suzumiya Haruhi series (which were adapted in the anime) and I liked them quite a bit.
I wish there were more of them translated :/
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
anon

Post by anon »

dragoneyes wrote:I wish there were more of them translated :/
Over the last decade there's been somewhat of a boom in light novels. Since a lot of them are getting animated adaptations I don't think it will be very long before the Western market starts cashing in on them. ;) There's been a huge increase in stories about tsundere little sisters, though. D: What is up with some authors and their incest fantasies, honestly?
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I've read xxxHolic: AnotherHolic, all Fullmetal Alchemist novels, Death Note L Change the World and the Lost Angeles BB murder cases. I am at the trying to grab my own copy of We Where There light novel. :puff:
aminuet .。. king
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Wow Kibumie. I hope you manage to snag you a copy of We Where There. I've never heard of it though or Lost Angeles BB murder cases.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Cherri wrote:Wow Kibumie. I hope you manage to snag you a copy of We Where There. I've never heard of it though or Lost Angeles BB murder cases.
I have tried many times to buy the We Where There light novel but I just keep on putting it on hold haha. It's inexpensive too. The Lost Angeles BB murder cases is a Death Note light novel written by Nisioisin who also wrote the xxxHolic: AnotherHolic. It's a good read. :blush:

The LA BB murder cases is about L and Naomi Misora's investigation together before the main story.
aminuet .。. king