Digimon Thread

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
anon

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Destinie wrote:Ha, especially since the Pokemon anime has lost a fair amount of its original charm. I think Digimon had stronger storylines and were more interesting. Though, I did like both.

I just think about how I was such a crazy fan back in middle/high school in regards to Digimon. Sheesh! Because of it, though, it was my first introduction to yaoi/yuri on the internet. I remember this person's art site and they had gorgeous digital art but it was all shounen-ai. And so many pairing sites. Oh the pairings....
Shipping wars were super crazy. Digimon was like one of the fandoms where anyone could by paired up with ANYONE. It still squicks me to see Taichi x Hikari as one of the pairings that's popular but to be honest that's not the worst the fandom could do, haha.

User avatar
dubiousdisc
Administrator
Posts: 2602
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:49 pm
Contact:

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Joe wrote:It still squicks me to see Taichi x Hikari as one of the pairings that's popular but to be honest that's not the worst the fandom could do, haha.
Three fandoms:
Homestuck
Hetalia
My Little Pony

*S H U D D E R S*

This aside though, I didn't know that one was popular, I mean, I knew that the shipping fandom in Digimon was batshit insane but I didn't know it was actually a POPULAR one D:

Edit: Do we want to talk about Renamon fan art? ;____;

User avatar
Sarah
Time Traveler
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Thank you dubious for the suggestion, but I've actually tried several times in the past to find my old Renamon site on archive.org with no luck. :sad: And I can't remember the URL of my Veemon site, so I can't even look for that one. But it was on GeoCities, so I'm not sure it would even work if I could remember..

Oh and Joe, thank you for listing all those differences between the dubs and original! It's very informative. :)
dubiousdisc wrote: Edit: Do we want to talk about Renamon fan art? ;____;
NO WE DO NOT. I actually am kind of embarrassed to say I like Renamon because of some of the fanart I have seen of her.. (I mean, I hate to judge people, but there is some weird stuff out there.)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.

User avatar
Destinie
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Location: Columbia, MD
Contact:

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 pm

LOL. If it's humanoid, there's weird stuff out there. (I've seen a lot of Lucario x Renamon, surprisingly. Wtf??)

Aww, Sarah! I am sad you can't find it. D: Here's an Old version of mine: http://web.archive.org/web/200108020427 ... bygomamon/ Too bad archive.org doesn't have everything. I moved around a lot (not much has changed, eh?). Even has my old collective, well howdy do!

All this talk is inspiring me to watch some Digimon soon!! Also, I've never seen the 4th movie (I know there are a lot of Digimon movies), it would be the second in the dub, I am curious about it because I read a synopsis years ago.

anon

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 am

dubiousdisc wrote:Edit: Do we want to talk about Renamon fan art? ;____;
LOL do we?
Sarah wrote:Oh and Joe, thank you for listing all those differences between the dubs and original! It's very informative. :)
No problem! There's also an episode comparison website, http://digimon-uncensored.com , but they're going through a revamp after changing webmasters. Just take everything with a grain of salt because sometimes they do bash the dub for silly reasons with often unfunny commentary.

I... THINK I may have visited a V-mon shrine in the past!! It was so long ago but if I did, it was probably by you, Sarah! And Destinie, I have definitely visited your shrine. You should bring it back if you're interested in reviving it!

User avatar
Destinie
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Location: Columbia, MD
Contact:

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:14 am

@Joe aww thanks! I don't know if I will ever revive it. It hung around for a while but I don't remember it ever having any solid content. A bunch of it was "coming soon". I remember I had an image gallery that was "coming soon" for, well, the entire time it was online. :x I still like Gomamon but I can't say that he's my favorite anymore. I always had a thing for Betamon and Airdramon might be my top fav.

anon

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Destinie wrote:LOL. If it's humanoid, there's weird stuff out there. (I've seen a lot of Lucario x Renamon, surprisingly. Wtf??)

Aww, Sarah! I am sad you can't find it. D: Here's an Old version of mine: http://web.archive.org/web/200108020427 ... bygomamon/ Too bad archive.org doesn't have everything. I moved around a lot (not much has changed, eh?). Even has my old collective, well howdy do!

All this talk is inspiring me to watch some Digimon soon!! Also, I've never seen the 4th movie (I know there are a lot of Digimon movies), it would be the second in the dub, I am curious about it because I read a synopsis years ago.
I guess Lucario and Renamon is explainable because both have similar body types. But unfortunately you're wrong on weird stuff just being limited to humanoids. I learned this the hard way. /shudders

The 4th movie (you mean Revenge of Diablomon?) was pretty anticlimatic but it was nice to see all the kids back after the end of 02.

A lot of my old sites started out as coming soon forever too before I focused on a particular series. I'd love to see your Betamon shrine if you do end up making it!

User avatar
Mikari
Posts: 3249
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Coruscant
Contact:

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 pm

@Destinie: Aw such cute bubbles! I don't think I saw that one before after all.

@Joe: ponies? XD

I once considered a shrine to Ken, but never actually did anything at all. I remember having writing some Digimon fics a long, long time ago... but they were terrible, maybe it's a good thing they were forever lost.

anon

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am

Mikari wrote:@Joe: ponies? XD

I once considered a shrine to Ken, but never actually did anything at all. I remember having writing some Digimon fics a long, long time ago... but they were terrible, maybe it's a good thing they were forever lost.
Thankfully I didn't have to experience that since I don't involve myself with bronies and MLP in general. But... let's just say that any Digimon with rule 34 is fair game.

I'd love to see that Ken shrine if you do end up making it! Digimon sites have been gone for a long time and the fandom needs more love.

Also, Xros Wars recently got licensed under the Digimon Fusion name. Not sure if I'm going to watch it because I dropped it after ep. 2 as it was airing.

User avatar
Mikari
Posts: 3249
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Coruscant
Contact:

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

I find bronies to be amusing, though I'm certainly not a brony (or sisny? I don't even get the terminology really) but yeah, ponies are cute, the rule34-fied ponies are creepy.

It would take extensive research to make a Digimon shrine since it's been ages since I've seen the show... which does kind of make me want to watch it again, though the idea of a shrine is still a tad intimidating due to the sheer size of all the things I would want to include.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest