Digimon Thread

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
anon

Re: Digimon Thread

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:LOL. If it's humanoid, there's weird stuff out there. (I've seen a lot of Lucario x Renamon, surprisingly. Wtf??)

Aww, Sarah! I am sad you can't find it. D: Here's an Old version of mine: http://web.archive.org/web/200108020427 ... bygomamon/ Too bad archive.org doesn't have everything. I moved around a lot (not much has changed, eh?). Even has my old collective, well howdy do!

All this talk is inspiring me to watch some Digimon soon!! Also, I've never seen the 4th movie (I know there are a lot of Digimon movies), it would be the second in the dub, I am curious about it because I read a synopsis years ago.
I guess Lucario and Renamon is explainable because both have similar body types. But unfortunately you're wrong on weird stuff just being limited to humanoids. I learned this the hard way. /shudders

The 4th movie (you mean Revenge of Diablomon?) was pretty anticlimatic but it was nice to see all the kids back after the end of 02.

A lot of my old sites started out as coming soon forever too before I focused on a particular series. I'd love to see your Betamon shrine if you do end up making it!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Destinie: Aw such cute bubbles! I don't think I saw that one before after all.

@Joe: ponies? XD

I once considered a shrine to Ken, but never actually did anything at all. I remember having writing some Digimon fics a long, long time ago... but they were terrible, maybe it's a good thing they were forever lost.
anon

Post by anon »

Mikari wrote:@Joe: ponies? XD

I once considered a shrine to Ken, but never actually did anything at all. I remember having writing some Digimon fics a long, long time ago... but they were terrible, maybe it's a good thing they were forever lost.
Thankfully I didn't have to experience that since I don't involve myself with bronies and MLP in general. But... let's just say that any Digimon with rule 34 is fair game.

I'd love to see that Ken shrine if you do end up making it! Digimon sites have been gone for a long time and the fandom needs more love.

Also, Xros Wars recently got licensed under the Digimon Fusion name. Not sure if I'm going to watch it because I dropped it after ep. 2 as it was airing.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I find bronies to be amusing, though I'm certainly not a brony (or sisny? I don't even get the terminology really) but yeah, ponies are cute, the rule34-fied ponies are creepy.

It would take extensive research to make a Digimon shrine since it's been ages since I've seen the show... which does kind of make me want to watch it again, though the idea of a shrine is still a tad intimidating due to the sheer size of all the things I would want to include.
anon

Post by anon »

That's unfortunate, although I do understand what you mean, since Ken has a lot of backstory to cover, made all the more difficult since the games he starred in wasn't released in English.. If you need to rewatch the show, I'd just focus on the character development ones since it's narrowed down to specifics if you need to refresh yourself on details.

Anyways, WHO'S EXCITED FOR DIGIMON FUSION?? Saban bought back the Digimon franchise and they're going to go for Xros Wars! I dropped Xros Wars after ep. 2, but maybe I'll watch the whole show in English. It happened with Savers... I didn't complete the series in the original version but religiously watched every episode in the dub as it was coming out.

Digimon Fusion trailer, yeah! The dub looks promising, but I think it's silly they included clips of Tagiru (who doesn't appear until the sequel, Time Traveling Hunters) and never showed Nene and Kiriha.
Varen

Post by Varen »

I'm definitely looking forward to it, since the dubs are not so bad, though I hope they won't have a crappy time slot like the previous shows had (and I have no DVR sob).
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
anon

Post by anon »

Since a lot of kids blocks are going AWOL, I wonder which channel it's going to be aired on (if it specifically said so?).

I don't think a lot of old voice actors will come back to reprise their roles llike how Savers turned out since these people have moved on and doing bigger projects. Still crossing my fingers though!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So many dragons! So many!

Anyway, I'd be interested in watching that. I have to finishing watching Season 02. I'm starting to think Hawkmon might be my new favorite Digimon. xD
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:Anyway, I'd be interested in watching that. I have to finishing watching Season 02. I'm starting to think Hawkmon might be my new favorite Digimon. xD
Yay for Hawkmon!

Each season has a different gimmick so you'll have to see if you like it. Xros Wars is split into two parts (and Time Traveling Hunters is the sequel but a lot of people like to pretend it never happened) and in the first part, Taiki is the only one in the group with the Digivice, the Xros Loader. It's so aggravating because in the second part
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
his companions Akari and Zenjirou get dumped off to the side since they were never the chosen ones.
anon

Post by anon »

I'm bumping this post only because Digimon Fusion has started airing for a while now. Hope you guys don't mind!

I think Digimon was a huge thing for a lot of people because some of the voice actors from the previous series came back for it, which is interesting because Digimon was just bought back by Saban and they have a new staff for it. I love the new theme song (it's so catchy!) but what really bugs me is that the show has gone back to the kind of dubbing reminiscent of the first/second series. The show keeps inserting dialogue where there wasn't any in the original, and they've also given characters a bunch of lines that contradict the personalities they were originally given.

I mean, like, Taiki is a very charismatic boy who impulsively helps people to a fault because he wants to, where the dub makes him help people because it was like he didn't have a choice.