Digimon Thread

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
anon

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 pm

That's unfortunate, although I do understand what you mean, since Ken has a lot of backstory to cover, made all the more difficult since the games he starred in wasn't released in English.. If you need to rewatch the show, I'd just focus on the character development ones since it's narrowed down to specifics if you need to refresh yourself on details.

Anyways, WHO'S EXCITED FOR DIGIMON FUSION?? Saban bought back the Digimon franchise and they're going to go for Xros Wars! I dropped Xros Wars after ep. 2, but maybe I'll watch the whole show in English. It happened with Savers... I didn't complete the series in the original version but religiously watched every episode in the dub as it was coming out.

Digimon Fusion trailer, yeah! The dub looks promising, but I think it's silly they included clips of Tagiru (who doesn't appear until the sequel, Time Traveling Hunters) and never showed Nene and Kiriha.

Varen

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am

I'm definitely looking forward to it, since the dubs are not so bad, though I hope they won't have a crappy time slot like the previous shows had (and I have no DVR sob).
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again

anon

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Since a lot of kids blocks are going AWOL, I wonder which channel it's going to be aired on (if it specifically said so?).

I don't think a lot of old voice actors will come back to reprise their roles llike how Savers turned out since these people have moved on and doing bigger projects. Still crossing my fingers though!

Destinie

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 am

So many dragons! So many!

Anyway, I'd be interested in watching that. I have to finishing watching Season 02. I'm starting to think Hawkmon might be my new favorite Digimon. xD

anon

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Destinie wrote:Anyway, I'd be interested in watching that. I have to finishing watching Season 02. I'm starting to think Hawkmon might be my new favorite Digimon. xD
Yay for Hawkmon!

Each season has a different gimmick so you'll have to see if you like it. Xros Wars is split into two parts (and Time Traveling Hunters is the sequel but a lot of people like to pretend it never happened) and in the first part, Taiki is the only one in the group with the Digivice, the Xros Loader. It's so aggravating because in the second part
SpoilerShow
his companions Akari and Zenjirou get dumped off to the side since they were never the chosen ones.

anon

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm bumping this post only because Digimon Fusion has started airing for a while now. Hope you guys don't mind!

I think Digimon was a huge thing for a lot of people because some of the voice actors from the previous series came back for it, which is interesting because Digimon was just bought back by Saban and they have a new staff for it. I love the new theme song (it's so catchy!) but what really bugs me is that the show has gone back to the kind of dubbing reminiscent of the first/second series. The show keeps inserting dialogue where there wasn't any in the original, and they've also given characters a bunch of lines that contradict the personalities they were originally given.

I mean, like, Taiki is a very charismatic boy who impulsively helps people to a fault because he wants to, where the dub makes him help people because it was like he didn't have a choice.

• Information