Pre-2000's Anime

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Mikari

Re: Pre-2000's Anime

Post by Mikari »

I suck at remembering anime dates since I watched a bunch of 90s in the 2000. XD I've heard about Doraemon, never got into it though. I haven't heard of the others... Maruko looks cute.

I think Flash Kicker has an older version... actually the new one might have been 90s too, I know that the old was at least.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Shiori wrote: Who needs logic when you've got the main guys dressing as maids more than once FOR THE PLOT?
What??! XD No really, I'd watch it just for that.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

SnowRayjah wrote:
Shiori wrote: Who needs logic when you've got the main guys dressing as maids more than once FOR THE PLOT?
What??! XD No really, I'd watch it just for that.
I might watch it too. XD
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Even after so many years have passed I still love Versailles no Bara, Rurouni Kenshin, Lodoss Tou Senki, Karekano, Rayearth (generally anything Clamp), Fushigi Yuugi, Slayers, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon. I still listen to my old anime CDs and go into nostalgia mode.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I would also watch the guys dressing as maids.

I've only seen a couple of episode for Rayearth but I did like it. Also watched some Inuyasha and a movie for Slayers. I remember one time Snow and I stayed up all night and watched all of the X/1999 anime.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Many of the series I like are from the pre-2000 "era". When I was younger, I was practically hooked on Sailormoon, Dragon Ball (Z), and Speed Racer. Some shows that I still like include Slayers, Rayearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, and select Gundam series (the original, 8th MS Team, 0080, even Wing haha).

I would say I am biased towards pre-2000 anime series. I won't say there were all amazing, but I can recall more shows that I liked from that time. Also, I think series from this time had a certain "charm" that's very hard to find in recent makings.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Juhi wrote: I would say I am biased towards pre-2000 anime series. I won't say there were all amazing, but I can recall more shows that I liked from that time. Also, I think series from this time had a certain "charm" that's very hard to find in recent makings.
I'd agree, Juhi. It's so hard to find something that I enjoy, it's rare. I like a lot of the older ones because they feel more fresh (or something). I find that a lot of current anime has a very mass-produced sort of quality. (Story and execution-wise.)

It's interesting to see the change in Anime that is still going IE: Pokémon. The original episodes had a different comedic charm and were stronger story-wise (I think, anyway). The most recent episodes have lost a lot of that good story-telling. I even miss the old way the art was done. :x