Pre-2000's Anime

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Destinie

Pre-2000's Anime

Post by Destinie »

To be honest, I think my favorite is Speed Racer. XD
Saya

Re: Pre-2000's Anime

Post by Saya »

Pre-2000? My favorite stuff is mostly pre-2000, after 2000 aren't really that good =)

Versailles no Bara, Captain Tsubasa, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, Cat's Eye... I could go on and on with great stuff, because pre-2000 is the actual awesome stuff, when anime was actually made decently....
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I know. I liked when Anime really didn't take itself so seriously, or something. Maybe it's the mass-produced feel of current anime? I don't know. Or maybe I was younger so I thought everything was cooler. XD
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

Destinie wrote:Maybe it's the mass-produced feel of current anime?
That's a thing I've noticed too, aside from a couple (if you're lucky) exceptions per year, you recently always end up with the same kind of anime... :/ I've lost count of all the school comedies that have come out in the last few years...seriously...
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Sailor Moon, Ranma1/2, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Pizza Cats, Tenchi Universe, Dragon BallZ just to name a few of my favorites. Loved the 90s.
anon

Post by anon »

DIGIMON ADVENTURE, WHOOOO. (Since most of my favorite shows land in the 1999-2004 era I usually group those together.) Most of my 90s favorites are shoujo shows like magical girl favorites Ojamajo Doremi, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Akazukin Chacha. I'm on the lookout to catch up with shows I briefly saw in Taiwan but were never licensed in the US, like Ai to Yuuki no Pig Girl Tonde Buurin. So sweetttttt. I'm linking the ending for the hell of it because it is cute and sweet and has a catchy song. :D

I also watched the Kodomo no Omocha anime; it was so cute and I really need to read the manga hrnnngh. I watched Gokinjo Monogatari because Rumi Shishido was in it and it was so adorable I actually finished the manga because the subs for the show weren't releasing fast enough but I would like to watch more because Rumi Shishido has such a cute voice!

Edit: HOPY SNAP I FOUND THE ENTIRE SERIES ON YOUTUBE THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE GOKINJO MONOGATARI IS THE BEST YEEEEEAH

I actually like some current series because they're more realistic (and because of better animation technology) in that I don't see as many face faults or chibi-ized moments. Those parts always seem to make me very disinterested in the show because it throws me off.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Give me pre-2000's anime any day. Even at their worst they were amazing lol. I could sit here and list titles all day... :heh:
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I personally don't really make a distinction between series that were made before or after 2000, but I do love Cardcaptor Sakura, if that wasn't already obvious... |D; And while not favorites per se, I enjoyed a lot of other series they aired here, such as Pokemon, Digimon, Medabots, Gundam Wing etc. I don't know, I don't really see the point in comparing series since they all have their pros and cons.

@Joe: Tonde Buurin was never licensed in the US? I remember watching that on TV here :O A while back my sister described it, but didn't remember the name and I was like "Oh, that's Super Pig!!" haha xD Kodocha is so good! I recently reread it after finding this sort of oneshot crossover with another one of Obana's manga (Honey Bitter) that shows Sana & Akito as adults x3 Also eee Gokinjo Monogatari, must look for the anime on YouTube *_* I love that series, most people I know prefer Paradise Kiss, but I enjoyed Gokinjo Monogatari a lot more :3
anon

Post by anon »

Elysa wrote:@Joe: Tonde Buurin was never licensed in the US? I remember watching that on TV here :O A while back my sister described it, but didn't remember the name and I was like "Oh, that's Super Pig!!" haha xD Kodocha is so good! I recently reread it after finding this sort of oneshot crossover with another one of Obana's manga (Honey Bitter) that shows Sana & Akito as adults x3 Also eee Gokinjo Monogatari, must look for the anime on YouTube *_* I love that series, most people I know prefer Paradise Kiss, but I enjoyed Gokinjo Monogatari a lot more :3
lawl I probably overlooked that because I never saw it on television. (And yay for Honey Bitter! I like that manga too~) And yes, I agree! I love Gokinjo Monogatari because it was light-hearted and fun compared to Paradise Kiss. Did you see/read Tenshi Nanka Janai too? That one was also adorable!
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Tonde Buurin was awesome. It had some hilarious drama CDs I'm still trying to track down. Early 90's magical girl titles were great.

I never enjoyed Kodocha (I know, I know) but I do love Honey Bitter. The Deep Clear crossover was strong, but I wanted to strangle Akito through most of it. At least Sana was decent, I guess.