Pre-2000's Anime

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Cherri

Re: Pre-2000's Anime

Post by Cherri »

Totally. I also like Outlaw Star and Blue Sub 6 even thoug it was very long.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like Outlaw Star, I watched it "late" but I enjoyed it. ^_^ Yay sci-fi!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

The only anime I really remember liking from before 2000 was Sailor Moon and maybe Pokemon. My memory fails me when it comes to time. x.x
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

A lot of the Toonami anime were from that era. I watched almost all of them, though strangely I never got into Gundam Wing even when everyone else did.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Hehe, Gundam Wing was really the only mecha anime that I liked. I tried watching some of the other but just couldn't get into them.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I watched Big O and... there was another I forget the name, the one with the boy looking for his sister who pilots a leg of the mecha rather than the head despite being the main character... I didn't really have much or an interest. XD I love sci-fi, but the narration style of mechas is not my thing. There was also Strain, that one was okay.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Mikari wrote:I watched Big O and... there was another I forget the name, the one with the boy looking for his sister who pilots a leg of the mecha rather than the head despite being the main character... I didn't really have much or an interest. XD I love sci-fi, but the narration style of mechas is not my thing. There was also Strain, that one was okay.
Choujuushin Gravion is the one you're thinking of, with the guy looking for his sister. That series was terrible -- I loved it. I'm a big fan of mecha, especially when it's terrible Obari mecha.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yes that's the one! I thought the art was nice and I liked the time frame it was set in, futuristic yet familiar. Never got into the plot though and I didn't watch the sequel.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Mikari wrote:Yes that's the one! I thought the art was nice and I liked the time frame it was set in, futuristic yet familiar. Never got into the plot though and I didn't watch the sequel.
Oh the whole thing was totally pulled out of Obari's ass, but it did combine his batshittery with Uno Makoto's designs so I was all over it. Who needs logic when you've got the main guys dressing as maids more than once FOR THE PLOT?

It's also a little more modern than this thread allows (it aired in 2002).
anon

Post by anon »

As a child I grew up watching hella Pokonyan and Doraemon back when there were tons of Chinese VHS rental stores. I love Doraemon~ I also love Chibi Maruko-chan and would love to catch an episode someday! So nostalgic~